THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, July 01, 2005

Mission Reinstall

That's right- everything on my puter literally got reinstalled tonight. You name it- Windows and everything. It's been throwing fits lately at certain things so it got a whole workover.

Must have worked- fixed all my problems except for the color/video problems I've been having with web sites and blogs. That's right- can't see the backgrounds on websites and blogs. The rest of the graphics show up fine, just not the backgrounds or fonts. My blog is in black and white. WAHHHHHHH!

I thought it was blogger at first- I emailed Sara and said hey what's up with Blogger. She told me it must be me to restart my puter. I thought SHE was nuts til I went to my website.... there was no background image there either. So I went down to my dad's and pulled everything up on his. What the heck's wrong with my puter??? AOL and other techs and I have checked all Windows and AOL settings... a tech even told me it could be my video card damaged. I seriously doubt that but we'll see. Gonna do some checking around before I take it somewhere to be looked at. I'd hate to spend a bunch of money if it was an error or setting I could fix myself. Even a system restore didn't work. So something's up. Not a major deal, just a major annoyance.

Anyone out there a puter junkie and know how to fix this?

2 comments:

sara said...

Wish I could help. It is a complete bummer when 'puters get sick.

Lisa said...

Try opening the case, and pulling the video card and reseating it a few times. Overtime, contact can be lost and reseating it can help. Try NOT to touch the gold edges of your card with your fingers.. it's not good for it. (won't do permanent damage, just the oils from your hands aren't good.) Needless to say, you have turned the computer completely off before you start this. Have fun & good luck.