THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, July 15, 2005

Project Hope in danger of closing

While at my parents' tonight, I happened to catch a glimpse of the Paducah Sun; Seems there has been an outbreak of conjunctivitis and some other respiratory infections at Project Hope in Metropolis, IL causing them a major crisis right now. As soon as all the money is spent on antibiotics for the cats and kittens there, and cleaning up the shelter, lack of funds could cause the shelter to close.

Project Hope is the No-Kill animal shelter from which all three of my kitties have come. Animals are never put to sleep for lack of a home. Please stay tuned; I am gathering information as this is being written on what can be done. I can't help the shelter financially right now myself but I'm sure there are people out there that would love to do so. I'd hate to see this shelter close.. they rescue a lot of abandoned and abused, neglected etc. animals.

We just adopted Earnhardt from there about 10 days ago but he wasn't at the shelter when the outbreak started according to his records and my contact at Project Hope. We got him from PetSmart which keeps kitties for adoption from local animal shelters.

Here's my three kitties that have come from Project Hope:

Angel

Smokey

Earnhardt


I do know they are needing some other supplies as well. Will update as soon as I find out what and how they can be supported. I do know according to the paper each dose of medicine for each cat costs $14.xx, and cleanup is a major expense right now as all cats will have to be treated and the shelter decontaminated. They need surgical gowns, etc. as well right now.

0 comments: