THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Nice sock weather

Wow what a change...

in the weather that is. It has cooled off considerably and is supposed to be in the 70's-80's all week. Supposed to rain today but so far hasn't yet.

Makes for nice sock weather! I'm working up that wonderful ball of Opal Rodeo sock yarn my Secret Pal sent me plus doing some worsted socks for fall/winter. I may try to do a holiday pair or two and sell. The Opal is working up great- I got a 100gram ball and even though it said enough for one pair of adult socks my feet are small enough I only used 50 grams on one pair of socks so I'm going to get 2 pair out of the ball! Super cool since that stuff is expensive if you go to buy it and it's hard to find. I'd love to have some of that in either the Tropical Fish, Parrot, or the Pinks and Reds (can't seem to find out the color name/number on that one).

Will post pictures when I get done with the 2nd pair. Haven't found out who my pal is for sure yet (got a good idea if I'm right) but I want her to see.

Haven't had a chance to work up the sandals I've had in mind yet.... She sent me 2 balls of Lanas Stop Jazmin which I've never seen before... not sure if that's classified as a thread or yarn but I do know I can't find any more of it anywhere! Where does she get this stuff?? Anyway I'd love to make some sandals out of that as well as some black yarn along with the Patons Cha Cha she sent me. Sorry I didn't get a pic of all this before it got worked up! It was the neatest package! Some of it I wasn't sure I could work with but after I tried it I love it!!

Speaking of weather, got the screens open on the doors... would have the windows open but Scott is asleep and of course wants the bedroom blind shut. It's about 70 degrees out right now... just about right.

Back to the living room where the breeze is blowing and working up that last pair of socks while the laundry is going!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you're enjoying all the yarn goodies! I bought the Opal Rodeo sock yarn from a UK website, and the Lanus Stop Jazmin I picked up when I was in Spain. The cream and sage boucle stuff I found in a discount basket at my pathetic LYS and then there's the unfortunate ball of yarn from Egypt. I looked all over Luxor for a craft store and all I could find was a store that carried no more than 10 skeins along with other odds and ends. I guess the point is it's from Egypt! I had a lot of fun this round, hope you did too. And just so you know I'm not done yet... :)

Marla said...

Thanks Again Ashleigh!! I'd love to know where to get some of that Noro Kuryeon #134....

Would love to make me one of those little ditty bags that you put on show n tell..... it's sooo pretty!!!

Just haven't had a chance to post to my blog yet....