THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, July 25, 2005

Christmas in July- at 101 degrees

It's scorching hot outside (at least it will be when the sun gets good and up) and I must be nuts.... been sitting on the couch in between cleaning sessions crocheting either Christmas presents or some new pairs of socks. YES socks. And got a sweater or two in mind for cooler weather if I can find the time. Oh how I wish I could find some sweaters and things to recycle the yarn from!!

Will post a pic of the socks when done.... the pair I'm working on CROCHETING at present (people have this stereotype that most socks have to be knitted) is being made out of this really awesom ball of Opal Rodeo sock yarn my super cool secret pal sent me. I'd never seen the stuff before and when I went to look it up this stuff sells for anywhere from $10-15 a ball!! Sheesh! Won't be buying much of that for myself! A ball is just about enough to make one pair of adult socks.

My SP has sent me the most awsome yarn I can't wait to use all of.... the Sugar N Cream has already gone into a Dishcloths/Hanging towel set for my Secret Pal, The Opal Sock yarn is being worked up as we speak, and still contemplating the proper project for the Lanas Stop Jazmin... not sure if you call that thread or yarn but have some sandals in mind for it if I have enough to manage them. Oh and some black WW yarn trimmed in the Patons Cha Cha she sent for another pair of sandals. Sounds cool huh? If I can get it all worked up.

I am still looking for E and F hooks... have patterns that call for them but all of them except one of my E's seems to have sprouted legs and walked off. Either that or my parents' ghost followed me and has hidden them!! Speaking of Which I owe TARA some ghost stories!! Soon as I get to type them up my friend! I fully believe in ghosts, lived with at least one for years, and the lady who lays our carpet swears we sent one home with her inside a tin man statue we gave her! Yes, I have had some interesting experiences with ghosts I have yet to have time to tell. So no dear, you aren't nuts.... and don't let anyone tell you you are.

Off to finish that sock and spend some time with Scott!

0 comments: