THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, April 29, 2005

The Daily Times.... Marla's Style....

Wow, so much to cover! Figured I'd better make this more like a newsletter....

THE CASE OF THE MISSING SOAP.....

Last night I had a full shower... shower, shampoo, shaving, the works. (For those of you who know me, I often prefer a long bubble bath unless my hair needs washing.... ) Anyways, last night... nothing abnormal.... used my pink dove soap like normal. The bar was MAYBE half used.

Mom hasn't been home most of the day and the whole hour or so she was home, she was here on the computer playing Freecell. My dad doesn't bother to go in my bathroom (we have 3 bathrooms in the house- I have my own, my parents have a master bath in their room, and a community bathroom downstairs) unless it's to kill a spider. Our once weekly housekeeper hasn't been here since last Friday.

About 4pm or so I go upstairs to take a bath and clean up to go out and eat. Get bath ready, get in the tub, reach for the rag and soap..... Wait a minute... There's a brand new bar of soap on my tub. The old one's gone. I didn't put that there???? I look on the sink, all around the tub... in the wastecan.... nothing. What the heck happened to that half bar of soap that was sitting there about 2am, probably still wet from the shower the night before?

As I said, Mom hasn't been home all day, but I questioned her about it anyway. "What happened to my soap?" "What soap?" "The bar that was sitting on my tub when I got out of the shower at 2am this morning." "I don't know- maybe it slid off the side- look around the tub."

Now mom pulls some wierd stunts and often denies them or lies about what she's done or tries to cover them up... but I honestly don't think she did this one. After all, she got up after I did, put her face etc. on and came straight downstairs... she was in her bathroom while I was watching the news with my dad talking to him in their bedroom right next door. Then we all went straight downstairs. She didn't come back upstairs til suppertime. Why the heck would she want a half bar of soap anyway? She doesn't even use that kind. Noone else around here does either.

My dad knew nothing about it of course... Pat (housekeeper) hadn't been there in a week.... My conclusion? Our Ghost is at work again. Yes, we have an actual ghost that hangs around the house, plays tricks, shows himself (at least I think it's a him) from time to time, etc. OK Ghost, the joke's over, put my soap back and quit wasting new bars- the stuff don't grow on trees ya know!! You touch my yarn and I'll send you back to the previous life you came from so I can make your life miserable!!!!


FINISHED OBJECT AND UFO'S

Well I finished my kitty snuggle and almost finished the Neon Afghan. Just a few more stitches on it. The bad news is in going through stuff in a corner of my room I found 3 more UFO's to be either frogged or finished. Trying to determine their fates as we speak.

MOVING: ONE PIECE AT A TIME

Got that Baker's rack out of my room that had all the stuff on it, took it up to the house and set it up in the kitchen. Now if I just had a moving van for all my yarn/crochet stuff and someone to unload it for me... that's going to take weeks!!!! Got sacks and a couple of bins all ready to go up to the house now. Then more sacks with UFO's stay here- that way if I take most of the rest of the yarn to the house I can't work on much else til I move, right? We'll see if it works.

Next piece of furniture to go will probably be either my nightstand behind my bed, or the old sewing machine table that came from my grandparents' house. Can you believe all this stuff is currently stuffed in one room???? Well, the furniture that is...

WEDDING NEWS

On to Wedding news, the pictures are on hold til my mom and dad work out who is going to pay for them. That sounds strange, I know- and I wish my dad would just pay for it and get it over with. However, my mom insists on paying for it with money my grandparents left her, and while I'm grateful and she's been good about most things she's being really selfish about the pictures. She's decided she's not paying for any pictures except the main photographer's time, her album, and a small one for me. Everyone else will have to pay for their own, and if I want more than a few I have to pay for them myself. She knows I don't have the $$ to do that and have any decent ones. My dad told us both forget it, for me to order what I wanted and he'd pay for them... well that made her mad at both of us.... I finally told her I didn't want her paying for, or being involved with anything else with the wedding if that was the way she was going to be- that I'd not have any pictures or anything else if I had to deal with her to get it. And I meant it. End of Story. I really hate to be that kind of person, and I know it isn't the way I should be, but it isn't worth letting myself be tortured emotionally by her- letting her be nice and do something for me and then having it thrown up in my face as often happens. Not anymore. I imagine it'll pan out one way or the other- I think she's just trying to play a game she knows (or should know) she can't win.

Oh and I FINALLY got ahold of my Maid of Honor tonight. Her phone had been disconnected for a while, she hasn't been fitted for her dress yet and I was panicking thinking I was going to be short my Maid of Honor. I REALLY didn't want to have to ask someone else to do it, and I wasn't about to go thru trying to find another 4th bridesmaid. If I didn't get her ready and she couldn't do it, I was just going to stick with 3, my SIL, my cousin and a friend I used to work with. My Maid of Honor is also a friend I used to work with. We've pulled each other out of many a scrape and she's been there for me lots of times. Anyway she's coming to the shower Sunday, then 3 or 4 of us are going to the dressmaker's to get her and my cousin fitted. Cutting it a bit closer than I would like but as long as it gets done I'm at the point where I could care less if it's fancy or not. Same with Shoes, jewelery etc. I've got enough details to worry about.

SECRET PALS ON CROCHETVILLE

Just waiting on the green light to send my package to my secret pal. Got a stash built up of little things... trouble is I'm ready to get them outta my way. Plus I'm anxious to be sneaky!!! Let the games begin!! Bet it doesn't take me long to figure out who's got my name.... they better be pretty sneaky!!

THANK YOU NOTES

Well since I still have about 15 thank you notes left from the last shower to write, and I've already written an issue of The Marla Times here describing all that's been going on, I better go give myself a case of writer's cramp and finish those thank you notes. After all, if 2 weeks hits and people still haven't gotten thank you notes, they're going to think I'm some kind of ungrateful brat!! *shame on me- sounding like my mother..... *

0 comments: