THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Bad language on blogs and Project Hope

OK what's the deal? Is everyone PMSing for the last week or so? I frequent a LOT of blogs out there, especially crochet related and seems like the last week or so every sentence I see on MANY of the blogs I read has at least a couple of nice four letter words either. Most for no good reason at all... the ones I've seen aren't cussing anything in particular, aren't cussing about a bad day etc.. they're just cussing for the fun of it.

Sure, everyone's entitled to freedom of speech and a four letter word might slip now and then... but this blatant foul language every sentence or so on a LOT of the blogs I've read this week has really made me think hard about the ones I want to link to. After all, not one I've seen has even bothered to ** out some of the letters. Sure, everyone can put what they want on their blogs. But not everyone wants to read filth. Would you want YOUR 8-12 year old going to a craft blog and reading that?

Yes, I'm an adult, also a Christian and it's very offensive to ME, much less a child/teen. Nothing turns me off more than dirty language. If you're griping about a bad day, I can understand it. In every day talk, there's no excuse for it. Let's clean things up a bit in the crafty world please?? After all, kids read this stuff too! Not to mention Christians.

*Off soap box*

Now, on to a much more pleasant topic..... in addition to the two baby afghans (YES I said TWO- I had to start another WIP for a baby due in a few months) I've been working on, I'm also crocheting some on the side for Project Hope- a no-kill animal rescue shelter from which I adopted Angel.


Angel (somewhat annoyed at having her nap disturbed)

If you'd like to help crochet some simple small blankies 18" X 18" or 14" X 14" is a good size for kitties and small to medium dogs. You may send them either to me or to the Shelter's address in Metropolis IL. Please email me for either address. Kitty and doggie toys and supplies are welcome too. Only requirements are please weave in your yarn tails so the animals won't chew them off, and please make sure all parts are secure on home made toys.

Otherwise been a heck of a day putting up with certain family members and running all day. I treated myself to some of the new RH colors of yarn (I shouldn't have, but oh well..)at Wal-mart tonight, wanted more but a few is all my budget could stand. Planning on possibly some socks, a fleuri bag if I can work in the time and find the handles (just like the one seen on the crochetme ezine). Let's hope I can work it in- I could use some good old fashoned relaxing crochet time!

Well that's about all I have for now so as Tigger would say, "TTFN- Ta Ta for now!

3 comments:

Tina said...

There are no bad words on my blog! :0

Tina said...

Oops- I take that back there is one, about my dog.... (Sorry)

Marla said...

Hi Tina,

Actually I hadn't read your blog til now... very nice :o)

And I certainly wasn't referring to one word... I have seen a lot lately on quite a few blogs with constant blatant bad language for no reason.

Wouldn't want my kid reading that stuff!!

Thanks for stopping by!