THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, April 15, 2005

Fooling around, Yard Sales and new goodie

OK OK so I wanted an excuse to fool around with my digital camera.... but couldn't find many good subjects.

I've been setting stuff out for a garage/moving sale tomorrow (YES another one! This one is MINE so I don't have to put up with anyone else, move the stuff somewhere else etc. don't have to put up with anyone except my mother that is, and that's a given....) so I've been spreading stuff out in the garage. Finally got almost done and needed a break so I sat down here and grabbed my camera.

While I have nothing crochet to report :o( at this time, I would like to remind you to both adopt from, and donate to your local Humane Society, Animal shelters, rescue projects and the like. You can donate cash, crocheted toys and snuggles (or knit), food, accessories and many other things. Contact your local shelter for details. I wouldn't have my Angel if it weren't for Project Hope, a local No-kill shelter close to here. Your local PetSmart stores also often help with or board animals up for adoption. Please read Angel's Story (link by her picture at top)to learn how they saved her life. I can't imagine my beautiful baby spending her life in a cage. Scott's Grandma also got Smokey from Project Hope via PetSmart- he was an orphan as well.


Angel


Smokey

Oh and I CANNOT ignore this issue- THE STATE OF WISCONSIN IS WANTING TO LEGALIZE THE HUNTING OF DOMESTIC CATS AS WELL AS WILD ONES!!!! EVEN IF THEY HAVE A COLLAR ON!!! If you are a cat lover and you happen to catch the online petition going around, PLEASE SIGN IT!!! Even the chairman of the National Audubon Society is against this (the push behind this being that cats kill millions of songbirds each year....). She even stated that the huge number of birds killed by cats was not enough to endanger the domestic cat. *Getting sick just talking about this subject....*

I was at Kohl's tonight doing some stuff on my gift registry I couldnt do online, and Mom had been nice and given me her $10 gift certificate since she wouldn't use it before it expired. After the gift registry stuff was done, I went looking at purses and shoes since I need both a new pair of tennis shoes and sandals, and my purse from Aeropostale is about worn out. Still usable but worn. Below is the result; almost all their spring purses etc were on sale, and had to be over $10 for me to use the certificate, so I wound up getting a formerly $25 purse for only $7. Pretty neat and I NEEDED a new one before the old one started getting holes in it. I didn't really need to spend the $7 though.


New purse

I keep promising to update my blog and wip and wim links and I will.... just too beat to do it tonight. Hopefully soon....

I have this garage sale this weekend, gotta call about getting my flower girls to get fitted for dresses, and also a shower Sunday given by my future MIL and SIL.

I'm beat for tonight- gonna go check my stuff and hit the sack. As Porky Pig would say, "Th-Th-Th-That's all folks!".

1 comments:

sara said...

I really hope the Wisconsin thing is some kind of sick cyber rumor. OMG!!! That is just terrible. Tell me what I can do!