THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Sore ankle and relaxing for a bit

I'm doing a lot of relaxing today. Only form of actual work was spending a couple of hours at the house setting up my antique bed in our guest bedroom. And Scott did most of that, I just touched up a couple of scratches on it and polished it up good. Will try to get pics up later- it's beautiful.

Yard Sale did OK for a half-day sale. I love my aunt but she knows nothing about Yard sales. Only made a little $$ but got rid of a lot of little stuff. People weren't hunting good stuff, they were looking for 10-50 cent junk or trying to get you to take 50 cents for everything. I'm going to have a couple of my own yard sales- one this next weekend in my garage at home and maybe a couple more. I always do better here at home than I do going in with someone on a yard sale, and it's a lot less work.

Tonight I'm relaxing messing with puter, blog, crocheting on my teardrop granny square ghan (another of my many WIP's) and nursing a sore ankle. Nothing major I don't think, just twisted it enough to make it sore and swell a little bit. Doesn't really hurt to walk, just pains me some when I get off of it and sitting still with it up etc.

Actually Whirlwind Carson was pretty good for him during the yard sale. My uncle got tired of fooling with him (you know how men are- the leave me alone with the tv stage) so we wound up watching him and the yard sale at the same time. He was talking to just about everyone that came up.

I've got to share a bit of 4 year old humor.... I'd have had to have killed him if it'd been my kid... but he disappeared on us for a few minutes while we were busy with a couple customers. The customer left and we couldn't find him. Apparently about the time I went around back looking for him he came around front from the other side of the house. When I saw he wasn't in the back yard I went back to the front, and he had just walked up to Mom and Marsha. They were fussing at him for walking off and I asked him "Where were you anyway all by yourself?" He innocently replied "I went out back- I had to pee." ROFL Crazy kid!!! We were sitting there trying to keep from laughing and refrain from spanking him for walking off. *Shakes head* I honestly don't know what we're gonna do with him.

Anyway I think I'm about to go soak my foot in the bathtub for a while. Hair needs washing but it can wait til morning- don't feel like standing in the shower at the moment. With any luck maybe I can get this teardrop granny lapghan done in the next couple of days. I want to start Dot's (Bythehook) gentle ripples poncho pattern. I plan on putting that on my wim's and adding her link to blogs along with some others soon as I update. Not right this minute though... my ankle hurts so I'm headed for a nice warm bath and some relaxation!! *blows bubbles*

0 comments: