THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Relaxing for the moment....

Hey Everyone,

First I have to thank Sara for your sweet comments here and on your blog. You're a really sweet and talented person and I really enjoy your blog and company!

Finally got some time to relax and spending some time on ME for a change. Did a little yard sale stuff (Hey there's tons of it) and ran with Scott to pick up some stuff for him at Wal-mart this afternoon, my dad grilled some hamburgers here for supper and been pretty much relaxing and crocheting or watching tv or computering ever since.

Been working some on my pastel stripes afghan tonight and surfing looking at some new blogs, mostly crochet related. I popped in Susie Luchsinger, My Gospel Hymnal. Andy Griffith would be next except I'm too lazy to go upstairs to get the CD. The pastel stripes will probably go to our Youth minister and his wife at church, just found out they're expecting a baby soon and I'm almost gonna HAVE to start another baby ghan for a friend of ours' grandbaby. Found out it's gonna be a little girl. I'm thinking a baby round ripple... I've got a really nice commercial pattern for one that looks better than the ones I've seen online. Unless of course I find something in the meantime I like better.

In the meantime here's a picture of the Pastel Stripes afghan:



Not finished of course but there's what's done of it. Really cute and a pattern I don't have to rack my brain to work on.

Kind of waiting for Scott to call on lunch and deciding if I actually want to go to bed early and get some sleep or stay up and play/get some stuff done while I have some peaceful time to myself. Mom has a danged appt. at 11 tomorrow so I have a choice: either get dragged out of bed early and get breakfast, or sleep in til they get back and wake up starving. I hate mornings.... wish they'd outlaw the time before 11:30am. As if that isn't plenty early. I think I'm going to love life with Scott... he goes to work at about 7-9pm depending... gets off about 3-5am (about the time I go to bed anyway), sleeps til about noon and you can't get the man in a hurry for anything much less have him rush ME or hurry ME to get up. And I thought *I* was hard to get up once I'm asleep....

Scott is feeling a little better, his blood sugar is a little more stable; we're just having to really watch it. We did get the bed moved into the main bedroom from the back bedroom this weekend but didn't get it put back together good and it just about fell in on him this morning, poor thing! So he had my dad help him fix the piece that was bent on it and got it back together tonight before he left for work. I've been clearing out MORE of Grandma's stuff that we aren't keeping or were only keeping til we got our own stuff. That house was stuffed FULL! Gonna take me forever to clear it out much less clear out my own stuff to move. I shoulda started this the minute we got engaged.... if I'd only known.....

OK going back to crocheting, I'm fighting not to start on a design that's burning a hole in my mind, but this afghan has GOT to get started first. Design is a baby toy, won't take long but working it up will take away from my other projects. If you know of another crocheter, please do send them over. If they have a blog, let me know that too- I love exploring new ones!

0 comments: