THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

With Ewe in Mind

That's the name of the Local Yarn Shop I was at this morning. Had heard about it from some friends so decided to check it out while mom was in the eye Dr's. They had some really nice yarns, mostly designer and all pricey. I was drooling but then came to my senses: I don't use stuff like this every day and my bank acct. isn't in the shape right now to pay that kind of $$ for yarn. Oh well maybe one day I'll find a really special project as an excuse to go shopping in there. As if I need more yarn...

Working some more on my pastel stripes afghan... I'd really like to get some more projects out of the way and if I'm going to use this one as a gift I want to get it ready in time for shower/delivery (not sure just when that is yet but looks like it isn't going to be too long). Mom managed to hide my hook I needed from me so took me forever to get started on it. MOTHERS!!! Especially ones that don't understand crochet.

I've also been fighting a runny nose from sinus/allergy all evening so I'm sitting here with afghan project, kleenex and germ-x. Made a big mistake at supper and I'm paying for it.... had a piece of apple pie and it was wonderful but they had cinnamon in it which I'm highly allergic to so like I said my eyes, nose, etc. are giving me a fit right now. Oh well, I'll live and should have known better. I figured since it was sugar free (I'm type 2 diabetic so have to watch sugar) it would be OK but didn't think about the cinnamon til I tasted it. Then like an idiot I went ahead and ate it anyway. Sometimes it won't bother me if it's just a little but this was more than a little and my nose is running like a sugar tree.

Finally got the bed fixed up at the house.... the dang bedrails had bowed since we lost the center support on them so we had to fix them and get a new center support. At least the mattress isn't going to fall in now. Now maybe I can get the back bedroom painted and the other antique bed set up in there this weekend. I bought this antique bed from a friend of ours, it's a dark mahogany color and beautiful. Around 100 years old and in beautiful shape. She's 67 or so and it wasn't her mother's but her GRANDMOTHER's when her grandmother married. Will post pics when I get it up. Really pretty. Will be our guest bed along with a sewing machine table that belonged to my grandparents as a nightstand. The two don't match exactly but are close enough to be pretty together I think.

Well seeing as it's almost 5am I'm going to try to work on my afghan for a bit then hit the sack for a few hours. I'm sure I'll get dragged up early again as this is Mom's hair day. No, I don't have to get up but if I don't I'll wind up waking up starving later, and don't have any extra cash at the moment to go out for breakfast myself. Of course there's no decent breakfast food here- just mostly snack stuff since we hardly cook at home. This is a self-serve kitchen- if you're hungry you serve yourself if you can find any food that is.

*Ugh* And someone kick me next time I voluntarily consume cinnamon when I know better.

0 comments: