THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, May 02, 2005

Shower Success.... and a HUGE SURPRISE!!!!

Wow! My wedding shower was so huge, it's taken me 2 days to get the pile in the living room reduced to a few bags/boxes left, and I haven't even started on the one in the kitchen, much less begun to put things up. That's gonna take me the rest of the week and it's only Monday!!

I am so fortunate- I received SOOOO many nice things, a little money, an abundance of my red dishes (I got so many duplicates of the dishes, I'm about to scream if I ever see another red dish again- ROFLMAO), and a TON of gift cards to Wal-mart, Linens N things, and Kohl's where I have my registries. I only got a few duplicates of other misc. things so I am going to take those back to their respective stores, add that to my gift cards, and finish up what I didn't get. About the only major things I lack are my comforter/sheets set for our main bedroom, sheets for guest bed, bathroom rugs/decor (and we still need a few towels), and curtains. The rest are just "like to have" items that we didn't get that we asked for. Some of what's left will probably be used to finish redoing the house. Of course, we aren't rich but our house (when we get through remodeling) and all of our items are very nice, so we have been very blessed!


MY HUGE SURPRISE.....


I opened this lightweight box and card that read "Love, Mom and Dad" and the Envelope just read "Marla" instead of "Marla and Scott" like the rest. So I open the box and there's nothing but tissue paper.... I start laughing and I asked Mom "OK who's the practical joker (I'm thinking she wrapped an empty box just for the fun of it)??" She just said look under the tissue paper, so I did. I found a plain white envelope with a bank statement in it. OK now I'm confused... why is there a bank statement in an envelope?? I opened it up and before I got a chance to look at it there was a note attached:

BALANCE ON BLAZER
is
~0~


THAT'S RIGHT- THEY PAID OFF WHAT WAS LEFT ON MY 2002 CHEVY BLAZER!! So Scott's and my income just jumped quite a bit per month- I still had about a year and 3/4 left to pay on it. Though they drive me nuts to no end sometimes, I really do have 2 wonderful parents!! They also bought a bench I'd been looking at at Wal-mart; it's sitting in front of the house under the den window. I'll post a picture soon as I get up there with my camera.


Well, since I have had a HUGE weekend and have been working on the house and putting things up for 2 days, I am going to go relax and crochet something for a while.... before I have to start on that HUGE mountain of thank you notes!!! With sooo many gifts, gift cards, etc. and some of them were from three or four people.... I don't even wanna KNOW how many I'm gonna need to write!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW GO MARLA! Bet you were surprised :-)

sara said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful shower. And how wonderfull for you to have a paid off car!! That will be a big help for you and Scott!

Lulu said...

oh i am so happy for you Marla..
glad you had a beautiful shower..
what a great gift from your parents..
take care,