THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, September 11, 2006

Random Ramblings

Well, it's 11:37 pm and instead of crocheting and watching TV as usual, I'm at the puter. Wish I hadn't had that long nap this afternoon- now I'm wide awake. Although I was up from about 2-4 this morning, since my husband decided to disappear for 45min around 2am. Scared me to death and when I finally caught up with him he'd run out to pay the water bill in the middle of town, afraid it'd be late if he waited til morning. Now, I totally trust my husband and he isn't the type to go out running around at 2am much less do anything shady.... wierd, yes- shady- never!! But I could figure out no reason why he would have left the house at 2am especially without telling me- guess he thought I was already asleep. I just happened to walk in the living room where he had been watching TV and he was gone. Turns out since the bill was due on a weekend it wasn't due til closing time Monday anyway.... but his simple mind didn't figure that out before running out without telling me at 2am scaring me out of my wits. Now I love my husband dearly, and my grandmother loved my granddaddy dearly but I think she always had it right the first time.... MEN!!! BAH HUMBUG!!!!!! Being a Christian that's about as nice as I can put it... I swear I'm gonna be old and gray before I'm 35 trying to keep up with me and my husband both!!!

Soooo..... On the positive front, gonna try to get that pattern for Newborn socks posted to my website tonight and get it posted around to some charity websites. Hopefully it'll keep little feet warm this fall and winter! I'm working on some other patterns but I can only work so fast....

I picked up some thread and a sack of material from a lady off of Freecycle today, about 90% usable for either Newborns in Need to make quilts and such or for our Teddy Bears project at church. I just volunteered to sew up about 15 a month and no I don't have to do the whole thing... it's a team effort and there are several teams. One person washes and irons material, another cuts out, another sews, another stuffs, another paints faces, and another distributes. They are given to Dr's offices, Emergency rooms, Ambulance services and the like to be given to scared little ones that come in.

Supposed to meet another lady tomorrow that has some fabric and possibly some thread and things for me. Now clothes... I'm not the best at sewing, maybe some simple stuff. But blankets, quilts, cutting out,.... that part I can do!! She says this bunch is supposed to be mostly baby oriented so hopefully I'll get some great stuff.

Now just to get that sewing machine dusted off!! And maybe give my hands a little bit of a break from crocheting... For now, back to tackling some crochet projects!!

Marla
The Nursery

0 comments: