THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

More Fabric!!!

Freecycle comes thru again!!

I should have plenty of cotton or quilting material to do either baby things or the bears with- picked up three large sacks this afternoon from a very generous freecycler!! There were 4 adorable flannel pieces of just under a yard, and a too cute for words Peter Rabbit stretch knit piece of about 3/4 yard maybe. The rest was just nice various colors and all but still can be used. It was quite a drive up to the other end of the county but well worth it!! She had a few nice spools of thread too so with the sack of thread I got yesterday I should be set for a long time!

Now if some fleece and flannel would just appear like magic.... but I can't be too greedy. She did give me a great idea.... they were cutting up old jeans and making appliques or random squares or pieces for some of their quilts- and they were so cute!! They were doing some for wounded soldiers to send overseas and one they showed me had USA material on the back with red, denim and scrap squares on the front. And it was just precious!!! And very warm!!

I didn't dare ask for any yarn what with the stash that's sitting around here waiting to be worked up. Sure, I could always use yarn but I am running out of places in this small house to store what I get now as it is.

The only other thing I could possibly ask for besides Fleece or Flannel would be baby items that could be handed out to a needy little one this winter. On the craft/baby front that is....

Boy, I am having way too much fun with the Freecycle! Could that be because it's FREE??? It's a good way to get rid of my usable junk too!! Now if I could just figure out how to create more storage space... LOL

Now which project to tackle? The baby afghan I've been working on, some more little outfits or gowns, or hats and booties?

So many projects so little time.....

Marla
The Nursery

0 comments: