THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Crocheting in Peace

One first note.... If you visit, or like a pattern or comment, can you please leave me a comment? I really enjoy hearing from people who visit my blog and website. And I do have a site tracker on here so I know I'm getting readers, just no comments. I'd love to hear from you. Please?

Crocheting in Peace.... just what I needed after a stressful day and evening. Finished a little diaper shirt to send to Crafting Angels, now to make a little hat and booties to go with it. This one is solid red but I may make some multicolored later. They're wanting Christmas things already so trying to use Christmas colors. The diaper shirt pattern is mine and the hat and booties are from Bev's Country Cottage.

Still hoping and praying for Scott to find another job.... any job. If you've ever been in a bad workplace, you can sympathize I'm sure. He gets treated so terribly at his job now, and yet he is so devoted and such a hard worker; he deserves so much better. He does the job of about 4 people, why should they hire him any help? He wants on at the coal terminal so bad he can taste it but would take anything with decent pay/insurance. Just anything to get away from Schwan's. He is almost unbearable at time to go to work, I know he hates having to get up and go.

Angel is waiting for me in the other room so I'd better get in there and keep her company and enjoy hers for a while. Gotta get working on that little set too so I can get some done.

Breakfast call will come early, probably about 8am. How I hate those early mornings!! Hard choice anymore, breakfast with my parents or sleeping in (which I desperately need the sleep most of the time).

One last crochet note, the pair of tennis shoes you saw on my blog went to a girl at church Sunday for her baby shower. I had grown up with the dad and hadn't seen him in years but knew his mom and dad- his dad is one of our state representatives and an elder at church so I almost had to go. I had a little basket with the shoes, a dollar package of teethers and pacifiers, and a little bib and burp cloth I had crocheted in it. The mom and Grandma to be (her mother in law) had a fit over the crocheted bib and burp cloth, but I thought they were going to fight over the shoes taking them out of the basket- they absolutely adored them! This baby is going to be a girl but next boy that comes up, I must make a mental note to do a pair of those in Primary colors with a little outfit.... bet it'd be adorable!!

Marla
The Nursery

2 comments:

bevq said...

Hi Marla, my friend
I love your blog and have linked to it from mine =)

The link you have to Crafting Angels does not work, it should be

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/crafting-angels.html

Love,
Bev

Marla said...

Hi Bev!

Thanks so much, and that's what I get for trying to type when I'm worn out!! I'll fix the link to Crafting Angels right now.

Thanks for linking to me!! Keep the ideas coming on your blog!! I love them!!