THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Cleaning like mad

So goes the neverending job of cleaning up, cleaning out, thinning out!!

Only home a few hours today and so far I've:

*cleaned out and shredded old tax returns of Scott's from as far back as 1988, keeping a few of the most recent ones to file away. The boy NEVER throws even a scrap of paper away!! Old junk envelopes, advertisements, you name it! It all winds up laying around the house with everything else!!

*Vacuumed the bedroom from top to bottom.... Literally after discovering one of my nightmarish 8-legged creatures hanging from a web over the bed. Quite a large one too. GREAT... now I'll probably have nightmares or wind up sleeping with the light on or something. Poor Scott's gonna have to suffer. Oh well bedroom needed a good vacuuming anyway.

*Gone thru some more clothes to freecycle... found a few things that were worn, couldn't wear, etc. And some more I never found a place for since I moved!!!

*Done 2 loads of laundry.... now if I can just get Scott to fold most of it for me... maybe. Depends on the mood he's in... Git R Dun or Leave me alone.

*Cleaned up some scraps of yarn and stored away for magic balls or kitty blankets later. It's small scraps that wouldn't even look good for a baby project when tied together. Kitties will enjoy it in the form of a blankie this winter.

*Oh and I do have to give Scott Credit... he did finally get the ceiling fan in the hall, ceiling and top of baseboards cleaned off like I asked him. At least I got him to help with that.

Bad news is... haven't done a speck of crocheting today. Got plenty of new or different or newfound yarn to work with too. Prob gonna be too tired to tackle any before bedtime. And wakeup call for breakfast with my parents will come about 8am. Sure, I could sleep in... but then I miss breakfast!!! Breakfast at Cracker Barrel almost makes for having to crawl out of the sack so darn early.

It's a neverending job trying to clean out and organize, especially in this house- thank God for trash collection twice a week and FREECYCLE!!!

My goal for tomorrow: finish up that scrap yarn skein I'm crocheting into a granny square. Then I'll either finish it off for a preemie blankie or add another color and keep going. Who knows yet.

Well as much as I like writing here, the bed is still full of stuff and if we want a place to sleep tonight I better go get it cleaned off. TTFN!!!

Marla
The Nursery

0 comments: