THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, September 18, 2006

Finally- some crochet!!

I found some scrap balls of yarn and got to pondering what I could do with them other than toss them in the scrap bin that is usually reserved for scraps that aren't large enough for anything else.

Here's what I came up with... Toddler size mittens!! These are really easy!!


















Here's the pattern:


H hook- 6-12mos
I hook- 12-18mos

Worsted Weight yarn- I used Red Heart Kids

Chain 2

Row 1: 9 DC in 2nd chain, join with a slip stitch.

Row 2: Chain 2, turn. *Dc in same space, 2 Dc in next space. Repeat from * around. Join.

Row 3-6: Chain 2, Dc in each stitch around. Join.

Row 7: Ch 1, Sc in each stitch around. Join.

Row 8: Ch 1, slip stitch in next stitch, Sc in next 6 stitches, Sc next 2 sc together, Sc in remaining Sc around.

If desired, finish off and join a coordinating color in any stitch for the cuff.

Cuff:

Chain 2, 2 Dc in each stitch around. Finish off.

Optional: you may want to crochet a long tie and join the mittens together so they don't get lost and/or may be threaded through a coat.

Now I'm beat so I'm hitting the sack soon as I check on Scott. Will get that picture up tomorrow!!

Oh one more note- gas is down to $2.10 at Sam's today.... hopefully will be down even more tomorrow. They're dropping the price just about every day.

Marla
The Nursery

0 comments: