THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Laundry and a Do-Over

Tonight I've been tackling the constant mounds of laundry that seem to fill the kitchen table, bedroom, bathroom.... not necessarily in that order. Seems soon as I get a bunch done there's a bunch dirty again. Between my sleep clothes, every day clothes, Scott's every day clothes, work clothes and those stupid jogging shorts he wears around the house (Did I mention how much I hate the things and he has about 6 or 8 pair of them???) and not to mention enough socks to outfit the US Army, the laundry's never caught up. And that goes for MY socks and HIS. I have tons but he has tons on top of tons. And that's AFTER I went through a while ago and trashed/Goodwilled the ones that even looked the slightest bit thin or holey or.... you get the picture.

Luckily I did manage to slip one more pair that were pretty worn and one pair of underwear with a large hole in it in the garbage. I swear the boy (and I use the term loosely) would go around in rags if I let him. Forget using old socks, underwear, etc. as rags- he puts it back in the drawer. I have to cut them apart and put them in the trash. I have enough old dishrags/washrags to use for cleaning rags anyway. Found a couple of my t-shirts that were badly stained or worn to get rid of too. Every little bit helps. Goodness, it isn't as if we don't have clothes around here. But that husband of mine saves every stitch he ever had.

Help yourself to the pattern I posted last night for toddler mittens. However, I've decided they don't look quite right and need something different done to them and I won't be posting them to my website til I have them right. I'm just not sure what I want to do to them. So for now we'll call them a Do-over.

I swear it'll take me forever to go through the mounds of yarn I have on hand now, that's not to mention any I'll buy in the future. I did go through a while ago and get rid of a bunch that couldn't be used for kids/babies etc. A lady took it who makes things for one of the local nursing homes here so I know it went to a good cause I just don't have the time/cash to support.

Gotta run for now- Jeans in the dryer should be dry by now and 8am will come early in the morning when my dad calls for breakfast. Later all!!

Marla
The Nursery

0 comments: