THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Green beans and tea....

That's what I'm having at the moment. Strange combination, I know but it's really good- hadn't had green beans in a while and wanted something other than water or diet Pepsi to drink. Made for a good evening snack.

I'm about to go watch the news- a Semi truck turned over near the mall just after Scott was through there. Thank goodness he was well home by the time it happened. Nobody really hurt but blocked all 4 westbound lanes... what a mess!

The tennis shoes are now on their own page- got the pattern proofed and the pair is sitting in the basket of things I'm making up to go to a baby shower this weekend. Not really anyone I know that well, or haven't seen the dad since childhood but it's one of those things you're expected to go to. Granddaddy is one of our state representatives and an elder at church so I guess everyone thinks they have to go. I'd rather take care of the babies that won't have a shower, and won't be adequately provided for. I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever have one of my own between mine and Scott's diabetes, and our current financial situation. Maybe one day if I hope and pray.

More after the news......

Well I'm back- supposed to get to 45 here tonight. Brrrr pretty cool compared to what we have had. They said a low of 48 last night but I had 42 on my sattelite thermometer. The house got down to 71 which I had the heat set on 71 so it wouldn't get any colder that that but the heat wouldn't kick on much either. 71 is still pretty cool.... I'm used to keeping the house at 75 or so.

I'm planning tonight after I get off here to work on another pattern. What is it? Not saying yet but it's one that's badly needed in terms of infant clothes. There's one or two of these patterns out there but nothing that suits me and a quite common piece of a baby's wardrobe, especially in the cooler weather. Been wanting to do this pattern for a while. I'm not sure if I like the way it's turning out, may revise, we'll see.

OK I'm gone at least for now. A cup of hot coffee or cocoa sounds good... dunno if I can get the energy up to go fix any though!!

Marla
The Nursery

0 comments: