THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Goodwill/Recycling day tomorrow

Well not even one email on the sack of ladies' clothes, sacks of other household items or the bed pads I offered on Freecycle so tomorrow is Goodwill day. Also will be taking a huge mound of cans to the recycler to be cashed in. Or at least ASAP. They're all seriously getting in the way. Maybe get something out of the cans and get some more stuff out of the way. Lord knows about the neverending pile of junk around here. Soon as I get rid of this, some more will pop up. Guaranteed.

I would have thought maybe at least someone would have wanted the Ladies' clothes- they aren't new but they're still good. And people are always asking for medical stuff on Freecycle- I woulda figured someone with an invalid at home would want the bed pads- those things are expensive to buy.

Mom says she's driving to get her hair done tomorrow... she hasn't driven in 2-3 years. Just pray she doesn't get herself killed in the process. I just know I'm not riding with her and I don't want to watch.

Started today on an afghan for myself but will probably be an on again- off again project as I always have more important irons in the fire. Picked out a Bubble (not really a shell) pattern out of some bright teal (the old teal color) I had in Red Heart and will probably edge it with Red Heart Kids Hot Pink.

Right now, more important things to crochet most of the time- in another month NIN will be screaming for baby quilts, afghans etc. Hopefully by then I'll have the gas $$ to take another load up to them. Last time they paid for my gas but I don't know how many times they can do that.

I also want to finish a scrap afghan that I started that turned out really pretty that will go to either a dear friend who is taking Chemo for cancer or my 98 year old aunt. Either way it'll be a Christmas present, and a nice one for either.

We're hoping and praying Scott gets called this time for a job at the coal terminal in the next county. Or one of them I should say. We were told from the inside that he had the job last hiring round except one guy messed some things up and caused them to stop the hiring process. Hence they started all over hiring people and we are back to square one. The only sure hope is prayer. We just want him away from Schwan's, he's being treated terribly there. And he works so hard for them- it's pitiful. Please pray with us.... it's miserable for both of us with him being in such a bad work environment.

Last but not least, I have to say thank the Lord- Baby Abby Woods, the now 11 day old baby who was kidnapped 5 days ago in MO was found alive and well this afternoon and is back with her family!! God truly does work miracles.

I'm gone for now... please pray for me and Scott, and all the ones you know who need an extra prayer.

0 comments: