THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Catching up on crochet

Well, I intended to post last night but conked out somewhere around 12 after "just sitting down for a bit". Didn't get any crocheting done either. Hmmph. Hate when that happens.

I have a couple or three patterns I need to get posted on my blog/website. One is the actual writing for a baby t-shirt (or pullover sweater in the winter) I've done lots of but never actually wrote down. It's more or less my diaper shirt pattern with rounds joined. The others are surprises I haven't got worked out yet or will announce when I get them written.

There's tons of babies due at church this winter. I'm usually into making gifts but more bought gifts or just small home made gifts are popping up lately- most of my efforts are going to charity or projects where people want to pay me to crochet them something every once in a while.

I've been working on a few little items to send to Bev for her Crafting Angels project and some other projects I'm not sure what I'll do with yet. Most likely charity.

Bev has quite a few charity projects listed on her site and her blog. There is a charity project to warm children in Mongolia so they can attend school which is spreading around the net. It sounds great- check it out, I just haven't yet. I'm devoting my own efforts to helping people from the U.S., especially the babies, even though overseas charities are great. I just can't do them all.

Which brings me to another project for the near future... posting a list of addresses of Hospitals and other places that badly need items for babies and families that have nothing else. I can't imagine. There's times when finances are tight around here, sometimes bills have to wait or we have to cut back on the non-necessities but I have a nice warm/cool house, plenty (too many) clothes on my back, plenty of food to eat... I may complain about finances once in a while but I can't imagine doing without. That's exactly what many families have to do. Take the baby home from the hospital in just a diaper, or wrap it in an old jacket instead of a warm blanket.

Which reminds me to quit jabbering and back to crocheting!!

Marla
The Nursery

0 comments: