THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Newborn Socks!!


Here's something to keep tiny feet warm this winter- Newborn and 0-3 month socks!! Here's the picture at the left.... Pattern to come later!! These are cool cause they look a lot like knitted socks but are actually crocheted and take very little work- very fast to make up!! Actually takes longer to write the pattern down than it does to make the socks!! The ones shown are 0-3mos; I've made a variation for 31/2"-4" feet and a smaller version for newborns, whose feet at going home from the hospital are often around 3". Either way they stretch a bit. The ones in the picture were made from TLC baby yarn but I think I like just a little thicker baby yarn to do them with- will have to do some playing around and see what works best.

I'm also working on a couple of knitting loom patterns- gotta get them worked out and typed up. This will be my first attempt at a pattern on the knitting loom since I picked up loom knitting this summer. I can't afford the expensive looms on the net so the ones at Hobby Lobby will have to do for now.

As for now, I'm heading for some relaxation before bed- I'm beat!

0 comments: