THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, June 05, 2005

One last post....

Before I'm a married woman!

Well Rehearsal went off fine, like a chinese fire drill but I'm told that's normal. Seriously, all went fine. I am having to keep a tight rein on my mother though- seems while I wasn't around this morning she told off one of the wonderful ladies who has worked so hard on the food and all for the reception... and get this.... All because the lady was going to serve coffee and some other drinks with punch at the reception and Mom didn't want anything but punch. GEEZ!! How stupid can you get!!!! Who really cares if they serve coffee with the punch, cake etc???? Good thing I wasn't around... I'd have had one less mother for sure. I told her if she tried anything like that tomorrow they'd be having a celebration without the bride. If she didn't believe me, try me. Needless to say she's been pretty quiet all night. And she better be tomorrow too. She knows better than to call my Bluff.

Other than having to shut her up (which was highly expected), Everything has gone pretty good. Just ready to get this done and over with. All I want is to be married peacefully- no more details. I still told Scott we were in our lawyer's office (he's also a minister and the one who's marrying us) the other day- we already had the marriage certificate, we should have just done it right there, had his son witness it (he's a lawyer also) and be done with it! LOL My dad responded "Why the he## didn't you- I'd have paid you dearly for it." ROFLMAO

Don't get me wrong, I love my mother but she has some serious issues sometimes that I have to fight tooth and nail to keep them from becoming my problem too.

So hopefully after everything comes off smooth tomorrow we'll be heading for FL and Disney World for a week first thing Monday morning. It's about a 14hr drive from here and I'll be doing most if not all the driving. Please pray for our safe arrival and return!

I did get a bit of crocheting done in all the madness last few days.... worked a bit late tonight on a baby blanket for the minister's grandbaby due later this summer. Also made a water bottle carrier for carrying thru the parks while we're gone. My own pattern. Don't know if I'm posting the pattern yet (may try to publish- I love the design) or not but will definitely post pics when I can... would love to know what this yarn is and if I can get any more of it. It was sent to me without a label and don't remember who I got it from. It's a navy blue, fuschia, and teal variegated. Beautiful but I don't know what it is and have never seen anything like it. Feels like maybe Caron or Wintuk or something like that.

OK have to be up early in the morning so I'm hitting the sack. Will fill you with details soon as I get back. Probably no wedding pics yet though since it will take a while to get them back. Will try to post at least one or two though if I can get them in a scannable or digital format.

Please pray: Peggy Kerley, a dear friend of ours (and wife of our lawyer/minister marrying us) has had cancer to return and her situation is very serious. Please pray for Peggy as often as you can- she needs all the prayers you can offer on her behalf.

Please pray also for our marriage, safe arrival and return from Florida.

See you all next Sunday night/Monday, God willing.

2 comments:

Deneen said...

Congratulations! Have a wonderful trip, have fun and take it easy...I can't wait to see the pics!

Anonymous said...

Marla,
I want you to give me a refresher course in crocheting.
I do have directions from the class your mom and I took. I'll dig them out tonight and see what I can get going. Maybe I can do some pot holders. My problem is that I don't want to count. I guess I can try that. I learned to count in knitting, but that was just like 14 stitches and easy to remember.
Sharon