THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Of Pot Roast and Pizza....

OK OK not together... YUCK! Even I couldn't stand that combo.

Been a wierd day. I wound up working in the house all night and was still up when Scott came in, and put the planned pot roast, vegetables and ingredients in the crock pot, planning to have Pot roast for supper. That was 7:15am; laid down about 8:30am finally. Intended to sleep til about 12 or so and then get up when Scott did and get some stuff done (The house is still a pigsty, boxes everywhere).

Next thing I know Scott is waking me up saying my cousin is on the phone. I wake up, put my hearing aid in and talk to her a bit; she's wanting to know if we'll meet them and my parents later for supper at Chuck E Cheese's with Carson since he was good at Day camp. I relay the message to Scott and he says OK so I tell her we'll meet them and hang up the phone.

First I looked at the clock... 3:48!! Why the heck didn't he wake me up when he got up??? He says "Well you looked like you wanted to sleep so I left you there." MEN!!! BAH! HUMBUG!!! If I had wanted to sleep he'd have been pestering me to get up and do something with him! Don't get me wrong, I love him dearly... just have a lot more training to do.

On to the next saga... When I told Missy we'd meet them at Chuck E Cheese, I totally forgot about the pot roast cooking in the crock pot. So we wound up having pizza for dinner last night (Fri. night). Wasn't bad, and I think Scott has about as much fun as Carson did. Carson was really really good til the last minute when Marsha told him it was time to go he got in the climbing tunnel to keep from having to leave. We all hid and he decided to come out and find out where we went- he thought he'd been left!

So back to the forgotten pot roast... thank goodness for removeable stoneware- it's in the fridge untouched and my parents are going to join us for dinner tomorrow night. Now does anyone have a maid I can borrow for the kitchen???

Seriously I did sneak a little bite that was swimming in the mix (thing's done- it's falling apart)- it's delicious! I have to say I think I'm gonna love my new SmartPot Crock pot I got with gift cards! Gonna fix some green beans, and maybe boil some mini ears of corn with it tomorrow, serve tea and let that be it. Just my way of saying thanks to my parents for helping me move since our "moving buddies" all opted out on us for one reason or another at the last minute. My dad also spent several hours over three days up here putting in a garbage disposal for us so I can cook comfortably.

Scott and I are discussing getting some more animals... maybe. I don't want any more cages to have to clean out so if he comes home with something caged it's gonna be HIS responsibility to clean out. I love Taffy (my bunny) but hate cleaning that cage even though it isn't hard to change the sack around the litter pan under her cage. Myself, I'd rather have another kitten or two. Angel is still my baby but I wouldn't mind having a couple more. Then again I snap back to the reality of the two cats we have now that run the Indy 500 thru the house about every 2 hours or less.... We'll see what happens. Wouldn't mind a small dog either except someone has to take that dog out every so often whether rain, sleet, snow, heat.... you name it. My MIL just opens the door and lets all 8 of hers (YES- I said *8*- she has 8 shelties) out and they come back in a few minutes but I couldn't imagine doing that. Esp. if I were to get a little dog. Most of these are medium sized or larger dogs.

Hate to cut blogging short, but if my parents are coming over then there is a kitchen to be organized.... TTFN!! More pics/details to come from Disney World soon as I get time to post them!

0 comments: