THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, June 19, 2005

The good news is....

We got 99% of the furniture moved in today. My Daybed from home, rest of bedroom suit (The double bed to it wasn't in use there because it was too big for the room I was in- Scott was already using it here), and more little stuff from my room. If I ever see another piece of furniture or box of crap again I'm going to scream. Now all that's left to move is the sewing desk and some other small details.

The bad news is....

The sewing desk is more like a huge computer desk and will probably have to come apart to move. Plus all the crap has to be unloaded from it so it can be moved. Heaven only knows what I'm going to do with all that. It'll go in my spare bedroom- this should be fun trying to set it up on the other side of the antique bed. If I see one more piece of material I'm throwing it out the window.

On the crochet front:

Been getting yarn together for my Sea of Yarn swap partner I have to send to. Some brand new skeins from the store, some other new ones from my stash and a couple of slightly used skeins I added in. I will pick up some more new skeins as time and money allow.

I'm adding Rainbow Wraps for Baby to my wish list. Does anyone have one they'd RAOK me or trade for a nice skein of yarn? I'm just getting to my yarn; books (both to be sold/traded, and my personal stash) are still buried. I found what was left of my RWFB book under my daybed when we moved it. Apparently Angel thought it was her toy. Let's just say those USED to be complete legible patterns.

The Cats

Smokey and Angel are getting along fine- even starting to chase and wrestle and act like a couple of 2 year olds. Great... now I have 2 cats and a husband who all act like 2 year olds. At least Taffy the rabbit is quiet for now. I had to separate the 2 cats at 4am the other morning- they decided the house was the Daytona International Speedway racetrack. The chase started across the couch, over the kitty condo, thru the living room, down the hallway, across the bed in the bedroom, over mine and Scott's heads, under the bed, around the commode in the bathroom (smokey was too fat to squeeze through- he went over and almost fell in).... back down the hallway thru the living room into the den where I finally shut Smokey up in the Den. Once Smokey was shut up in the den, Angel curled up on her kitty condo like "I'm a good girl", took her 30 minute long bath and proceeded to go to sleep. I don't know who started the chase but I was out for blood on both of them.

Coupons

As in the grocery kind... I've decided to start back on some of my coupon lists and things. I've found some pretty good ways to save money thru coupons. They aren't magic but every penny helps. Found a good deal on chicken quarters at WM tonight- bought a 10lb bag for $4.30. Now if we can just pick up a propane bottle tomorrow for that gas grill... or I can bake/roast.... Frying isn't a bad idea either but we've already had that once this week. I'm not a health nut by any means but I don't want to overload on frieds and junk too much.

OK 2:30am and I'm catching myself yawning. Scott is already in bed so I better go join him. That bed better be dry too- I threatened to kick his butt earlier if he didn't go dry his hair. MEN! He had the nerve to step out of the shower and not even bother to run a towel over his hair. Told him if he didn't get it dry pronto he'd be sleeping alone. Needless to say he learned how to use a hair dryer real quick LOL.

Dunno where the cats are but as long as they're quiet.... no Daytona 500 is gonna go on tonight! Maybe tomorrow night when Scott goes back to work I'll be able to actually crochet a little bit! Night all!!

1 comments:

Lulu said...

glad youre settling in your new home..
have a great week..