THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

The first week....

Take one.

But seriously, just an update on what all's gone on here all week. Maybe when things get completely settled (who knows when that'll be) I'll get back to my more natural "my thoughts" posts.

Last Monday:

Moved Angel, moved countless other items to the house. Unpacked (or dumped suitcase is more like it) from FL. 2 loads of laundry to cover mine and Scott's yucky clothes from FL.

Played on parents' computer at the house since they had a cd of a few wedding pictures someone had taken for me. A few are OK- I'll see if there are any that are actually good enough to post on here. Our cousin was having trouble with his camera when he took them.

Showed my parents all the pics from Disney World and Sea World. Got a few interesting shots of me and Scott different places which was tough- Scott hates having his picture taken.

Tuesday:

More of same. Couple visits to Paducah (now just down the road about 10 miles) for different things, also moved some more little things. Managed to mess up the DVD/VCR player in the move so now we have to get that fixed. Luckily the repairman isn't usually expensive. I hope not- I want my toy fixed!!

Wednesday:

We won't even go there- too boring for details.

Thursday:

Mr. Draffen calls and says Carpet we ordered (that was delayed in production a couple weeks- was supposed to be laid the week before the wedding) is in, can he lay it Friday. We first told him no we couldn't have the room ready that quick.

Make a run to my grandparents' since it is my grandmother's 86th birthday. After a quick visit we go get a sandwich with my parents then back to the house to strip carpet.

My dad volunteers to help so we called back and said Friday would be fine. Spent most of Thursday afternoon and Evening pulling up carpet and getting stuff off the floor in the bedroom and bathroom.

Friday:

By noon the bathroom has a beautiful deep navy carpet rather than ugly old linoleum, and the bedroom has a sparkling french blue instead of a drab sculptured brown/tan mix. Most of Friday evening is spent getting little stuff back into closets etc.

Saturday:

Guy laying carpet was supposed to help us move furniture on his own time, but had a family emergency and couldn't. So we called one of Scott's buddies who had said he'd help us. He's working all weekend for extra $$. Great.... Everyone's all willing to help til you really need them. We'd have been glad to pay him ... probably more than he'd have made working. So Scott and my dad (Who has a hernia and isn't supposed to be doing all the moving) got stuck moving a bedroom suit and bed.

Sunday:

Church day. Scott and I actually arrived early... I was shocked. He is a worse pain than I am to get up out of bed.

Also Father's day. After church we went to eat with my parents then down to my grandparents again. Scott has to go back to work tonight.

Monday:

Monday afternoon sees my dad coming up and running a wire to install a garbage disposal. My poor father has been so busy it's ridiculous! After Scott goes to work I head for Linens n things and Kohl's to take some things back and pick up a few things. Then more unpacking and finally an hour or two watching a movie and working on a baby blanket for a baby shower.

Tuesday:

My dad goes to install rest of garbage disposal and has to take it down to the store to ask about a loose part. Meanwhile Scott and I run all over Western KY on a wild goose chase someone sent us on checking out who serves Calvert City limits in cable and also checking out Direct TV. After wasting half a tank or better of gas, looks like DirectTV in Paducah was the better choice after all. Looks like we may sign up for that. Probably soon as his check comes in Fri. morning. Have to roll my AOL over to my own account too.

Angel is becoming accustomed to her new home and making herself quite at home. She's sitting behind me currently (pushing me out of the chair is more like it) taking a bath. Who knows where Smokey is... probably on a table he's not supposed to be on. He's a real little devil sometimes but cute when he wants to be.


All Caught Up!

That's the week in recap! I'll end off with 2 special prayer requests. Please pray:

Peggy Kerley, a dear friend of ours who has had a relapse of cancer is in Lexington KY checking out an experimental treatment program. Please pray hard that she gets into the program and that it helps erradicate her cancer.

Richard Adams, Another friend from church, also has cancer and is fighting a very tough battle with cancer. He needs the Lord's help and all the prayers you're willing to send his way! Please pray also for his wife Barbara as she struggles with his illness and to raise their young son Andrew (about 6). Please pray for Andrew as well- he needs his daddy!

Night everyone! Will post more updates later as time allows!!

2 comments:

sara said...

girl, do you ever slow down? LOL!

Marla said...

NO!! and this is a fairly relaxed week!! LOL I'd kill to be able to just sit and crochet and watch tv right now but the house won't do itself and neither will hubby (fix his own food and clothes that is).