THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Poncho finished!

My coming home poncho actually goes in the Finished Objects category now! I'm so proud of myself- both for the great job on the poncho and the fact that I've actually got something to put in my FO's category now! Now if I can just finish the rest of my WIP's... I've got many more than mentioned here and need to get them out of the way... most are charity projects or something like that.

Here it is!!


A superb job if I do say so myself. I think it looks just like the infamous one, better than the pic on LB's site. The pic of the one on their site, someone crocheted awfully loose... it is way too open in my opinion- the original wasn't that way. It was a granny pattern but wasn't so open that it showed her outfit underneath. The link to the pattern is to the right under FO's as LB coming home poncho.

Give it a try if you like ponchos- it's really easy and quick to make. Takes 4 skeins of homespun (well, 3 and a half really). I bought 4 skeins of discontinued DISCO at Wal-mart (THAT was the color I was looking for but couldnt remember the name of!) and plan on making me another one .... these are darker colors more suitable for winter. NEXT winter. Weather's almost too warm now unless you wear it at night.

4 comments:

Maureen said...

WOw! That turned out just grand! I have been wanting to make one for myself for the spring and I think you put me over the edge! It is fantastic! Thanks for sharing your work!

Karen said...

Beautiful!

Deb said...

It is absolutely gorgeous!!!!! I would be proud to wear that. Excellent crafting!

Debi

Anonymous said...

Your poncho is absolutely gorgeous. Your work is so precise and beautiful. Thanks for sharing it. I'm also making the poncho from the LB site but I changed the color to beige Homespun. How hard is the edging? I haven't gotten that far yet.

Margie/Long Island, New York