THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Angel's Story

Well I promised when I got time I'd post Angel's Story on here, so here it is. Warning: GET OUT YOUR KLEENEX!!!!!





Angel


In early March of 2000, we were blessed with the presence of a beautiful persian mix stray kitten. It was still in the 30's at night and maybe 50's during the day. One day this beautiful approximately 3 month old kitten showed up in our woods as we were burning things. I tried to feed him some cheese, but he was too little- he didn't know what it was. We asked around the neighborhood- none of the neighbors had seen him before. That night it was about 30 degrees outside and he was sleeping in a tree about 20 feet off the ground so we invited him in.





Flea Jan. 2000-Aug. 12, 2003



We promptly adopted him and I named him Flea Bit. Well, the "Bit" never stuck and he wound up with the name Flea. Flea was a beautiful cat- always at play and ready to be loved. He met me every night when I came home from work, and if I was late he would yowl until I got home.



On the morning of August 12, 2003 I had decided to sleep in on my morning off and was asleep upstairs. My dad had just sold a metal detector to someone and the front door was cracked open about three inches or so. He finished in the living room, turned out the lights and shut the door. Then he and my mom went into town to get some breakfast. When they returned less than an hour later, they made a heart wrenching discovery- Flea had gone to sleep in the front door between the wood and storm door. Although they were only gone an hour, it was well over 90 outside and Flea had suffocated in the short time they were gone. My baby was gone- freak accident but he was still gone.



I was miserable for 8 days- Flea was gone and no animal in the house since the Shih-tzu we had for 17 years had passed away the fall before. Noone to meet me when I came in from work at night anymore, and I bawled turning in the driveway every night. I called several ads looking for a persian or himalayan cat- there was none to be found and not one would have looked like him anyway.



On August 20, I walked into my local PetSmart hoping to find an ad for someone selling or giving away kittens. I had been hesitant to look at my local Humane Society- I didn't want some "mangy pound cat". Little did I know that at PetSmart, they board cats and kittens for local animal shelters for adoption. I went to take a look and the first thing I saw was this beautiful white fluffy 10 week old kitten staring at me. The other cats were playing in their cages but she was sitting there all alone, so tiny she didn't know what to do.



I immediately picked her out, took her home and named her Angel. Both since she had the appearance of an angel aside from the black spot on her head, and because I felt like God had sent me an angel kitten to replace the one I lost. I found out later that Angel was left behind at the Metropolis, IL. airport. A stray Mama cat had had kittens and someone decided to take Mama and the babies home. Somehow Angel, one of the kittens, got left behind.



Please Consider adopting your next pet from your local PetSmart, Animal Shelter or Humane society. So many animals are put to sleep just because they need a home, and the only reason they are locked up is because no one else wants them.



Angel is "my" cat. Oh, she plays with the dog and everyone else, but she stays with me most of the time. She sleeps at my head or my side at night, and she always "helps" with all my crafts. She truly is my Angel, and is always there when I'm making something. My site is dedicated to my Angel.



0 comments: