THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Finished Cocoon Pictures- As Promised!

Here's the pictures I've been promising of the two finished cocoons going to Relief Share. It almost took me longer to get pictures posted than the cocoons made since my time on the internet is limited due to work. I made both of these out of Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn worsted weight although any SOFT acrylic yarn from baby to chunky can be used as long as it comes out the right sizes and doesn't have holes in the pattern. The pattern I used is my own and listed several places including here. Although you're welcome to use this pattern for charity or personal use, please don't use it to make something to sell.

Here's the two small newborn 16" around by 16" long cocoons (8" wide by 16" long) one in light green and one in a pastel variegated color.























Here's another I had started but partially frogged to redo to size.














If you'd like to make one or more of these Relief Share needs 350 of them for their hospital and some for their crisis center.

Marla

2 comments:

Mimi said...

The cocoons are so pretty. I can just see a baby wiggleing around in them. Marla your such a sweetheart to make so many things for little ones in need...I am ashamed of myself. I have sat a goal before this winter. Its a start.

Marla said...

Yeah Mimi but things get made faster than I can get them sent off between my busy schedule and the post office costs! I bet your house is cleaner than mine!