THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Warm Up America

I've been crocheting squares (7" X 9" patches) for Warm Up America. That's the size they want so I came up with a pattern that equals 7 X 9.

Worsted Weight yarn
J hook

Note: chain 2 at the beginning of the row counts as a stitch.

Chain 24

Row 1: Dc in each chain from the hook and in each chain across. Ch 2, turn.

Row 2-17: Dc in 2nd stitch and each stitch across. Ch 2, turn.

At the end of row 17, fasten off and weave in ends.

This helped use up some of my spare yarn I wasn't going to use.

I have also been busy making hats and working on a smaller mitten pattern. I'll donate most of them locally, or if money allows, maybe some charities I like. Newborns in Need really needs hats and mittens as well as a few other items for their stocking project where they send stockings to older children as well at Christmas time who will otherwise receive nothing. Many items are needed but hats and mittens they are way behind on.

Since Angel is scratching at the door wanting my company, I'd better go be with her for a while. Talk to everyone later!!

1 comments:

Mimi said...

Wow! you are getting alot done. I have a box of things started for donation, but since I am trying to floor a room the box is not as full as I would like. I have all my extra yarn ready for hats and mittens thats my fav. things to make. Well back to work. :)