THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Rain Rain go away....

Come again a warmer day!!

Coldest day of the year so far... not that it will be the coldest but cold enough. And wet all day to boot. High of only 44-49 depending on where in the area you talk to. Rainy days are gloomy enough without the cold! Been working on an outfit pattern- this one is a simple one to make and donate so babies will have a warm outfit at least to go home from the hospital in, and 0-3mos size so they will have a warm outfit for a while anyway. So many little ones have nothing... not just enough... nothing. Hoping later for a fancified (I guess that's a word?? My word anyway.) version to submit to a publisher. Gotta figure on what else to do.

Got some clothes to set out in the morning for a lady coming to get them... I do love Freecycle. Get rid of what I don't need, someone else can use it, and have found quite a few things on there I do need. My living room is starting to get cleaned out :o) Now if only I could play Samantha the witch and wiggle my nose for my computer/craft room.....

Since winter is coming on fast and I've got so much yarn it's all over the place (and I've already gotten rid of a bunch that isn't exactly baby oriented) I've been doubling a lot of yarns to make warmer garments.

Debating on making some crocheted socks for myself- they're much warmer but we'll see. I want to get this outfit done and something for at least one of the deadlines done, then there's my little extras I do just about every day... booties, hats, t-shirts....

OK off now to hopefully crochet a bit more and see what my hubby is up to in the den!! Not to mention the furry brats!!

Marla
The Nursery

1 comments:

Mimi said...

Cold here to . Nan and I kept our coats on today when we went shopping. My DD in grad school ask me to make a hat and scarf and mittens for a girl in her classes from India (a real sweet girl) she is about to freeze to death. So everything may go on the back burner till a nice warm set is made. I must heed a 911 call for warmth :)