THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Brrrrr

It's downright chilly out there today!!! The high was only 51 today, and supposed to be in the 30's tonight. Seems like Winter is just around the corner, though we already think we are freezing to death.

I've been busy last few days as we took a large water softener unit out of the house (pain the butt thing that his grandma/dad put in several years ago- I still think it was the cause of the $1100 water bill before we bought the house), and everything went fine til we turned the water back on.... water pressure everywhere but the kitchen faucet. So we got to investigating, and it seems trash or some kind of deposit washed through and clogged up the faucet. That was replaced today.

The water softener was offered on Freecycle and picked up yesterday. The lady who came to get it brought me a sack of jalapeno peppers I thought Scott would eat but he decided he didn't want them unless they were cooked in something so they went to my grandfather who likes the things whole/raw. Yuck if you ask me... LOL but he likes them. Waiting to see how he liked them.

Had several crochet projects on the hooks so to speak too as I'm designing some new patterns hopefully to try to submit to one of the publishers or magazines, I haven't decided which yet. I've also been working on some gifts.... Christmas is coming up and one thing my mom is getting is some new dishcloths. Whether she wants them or not LOL. She never reads anything like my blog so I'm pretty safe I think.

Also there's still quite a few more babies due at church (Always a few due but never like this... I think we counted 11 that have been or will be born between Sept. and February. Two this week alone were born. One I had already sent a gift to her shower and the other was kind of a surprise... I didn't know she was due so quick. Her mom and grandma both sent nice things to my shower so I kind of felt obligated to stick a few things in a sack even though I didn't know her well. Two more are on bedrest awaiting their babies in Dec. and January I think. And another Shower is planned for the end of this month for yet another. Thank goodness Yarn is one thing I have plenty of!!!!

Also as I mentioned, trying to make quite a few of my Christmas gifts this year as $$ is going to be kind of tight. I already know a few small things sewing and crochet related will be going to my MIL for Christmas- she enjoys that kind of thing. She may get some dishcloths and things too as will my mom. Maybe my grandmother too- she's 87, almost blind and has everything she would ever want or need so she is impossible to shop for.

The pattern I'm using for my dishcloths is simple:

H hook (sorry I forgot to put this earlier)
Chain 28

Hdc in 3rd chain from hook and each chain across. Ch 2, turn. (Ch 2 does NOT count as a stitch.

Repeat for 28 rows.

I use anything from soft worsted weight (I know- acrylic is supposed to be forbidden but I like it just as well if not better than cotton. One of my favorite dishcloths is made from a mismatched or funky dye lot skein of plain old red heart) to simply soft to sugar n cream. Depends on texture, pattern, and color as to which I use for which dishcloth.

Gotta run for now- time to get Scott ready for work then work on some more projects! Until next time!

Marla

0 comments: