THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Baby shirts and stash busters

I've been making baby shirts up a storm, just have to get some bottoms made. Made a kind of short gown today..... ran out of yarn so it is a bit shorter than I intended but I think long enough to cover a diaper. The weather isn't that cold yet so hopefully it will work. Also a few long sleeved shirts. Will get a picture up to go with that pattern soon! I did the first one in a "magic cake" of red and white yarn and the striping pattern looks like I changed colors on purpose. It turned out just darling!!

It seems as though everyone is stash busting.... trying to use their excess stash before buying more yarn. Including ME!! My craft room is full, I have so much yarn all over the house it isn't even funny. That's not to mention what's stored away in my blazer.... back seat, sacks in the floorboard.... it's not a pretty sight.

I've been doubling some yarn, using larger needles and hooks, trying to use solid patterns that require quite a bit of yarn... and found some patterns specifically for stash busting. Here's a few links:

Stash busting vest
Flower Hair clip
Easy Poncho
Preemie Blankie

Easy Square Lapghan

Stash busting afghan


And then of course there's always Bev's Country Cottage site with all her tons of links and patterns, and The Nursery full of baby patterns. As well as a few other patterns that can be found at the My Own Patterns link to your right. My Ripple Afghan is a good stash buster... plenty big so uses plenty of yarn.

Well, I'm about done on the net for the night.... going to go in the other room with Angel and bust some more of that stash!! Got some baby outfits and such to finish!!

Marla
The Nursery

0 comments: