THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Where does God buy Salt?

This is a cute story I just had to share, esp. after reading posts from others about things their kids have said, asked and done. Deneen's daughter Elena is a smart kid like Carson for her age, and some of Deneen's stories reminded me of this.

I was sitting with Carson the other day while my cousin had some more surgery done and we were watching The Brave Little Toaster. For those who don't know, it's about a group of appliances who become abandoned when the people of the house they are living in move away. They set out in search for their "Master", the small boy who loves them.

Now to the story:

It comes to the part in the movie where out in the wilderness the appliances fall into a pond. Carson turns to me and asks "Do you think there's sharks in there?" "No, I don't think there's any sharks in that water" I replied.

Carson: "Oh. Why not?"
Me: "Well because Sharks have to live in the ocean and that's just a small pond."

Carson: "Why can't they live in a pond?"
Me: "Well Sharks are big so they're too big to live in a pond and they have to live in the ocean where it's saltwater- the ocean has salt in it."

Carson: "Why does the ocean have salt in it?"
Me: "Because God Made it that way."

Carson: "Oh." (pauses quietly for a few minutes)
"Aunt Marla?"
"Yeah?"
"Where does God buy salt??"

I had to laugh then he wanted to know what was so funny.

That kid is too smart for his own good. I just told him something like God already had salt, now watch your movie. If I had said he made it himself, the next question would have been how does he make it?

Can't believe this kid is going to be 5 next Monday. Can't call him "the baby" anymore. He's a real character! He starts preschool 3 days a week this week... he should be something else. He'll either wow them or take the place apart depending on his mood.

Just figured anyone with young kids would appreciate this story!

0 comments: