THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, August 05, 2005

Taking a break...

From Crocheting that is....

Been working on some Christmas presents (YES already!!) and trying to finish up that last sock from the Opal Rodeo yarn Ashleigh sent me. I gave the first pair from them to Mom, this pair is mine.

I also want to get some Christmas gifts made and out of the way. That way I don't have to rush at Christmas time and don't run out of time! Several people are getting handmades this year both due to finances and my newfound creativity LOL

Sold a few of my pattern books I won't use any longer so I have a little spending $$. Still got a few left- may list them here if they don't sell on Crochetville or the Crochet4SaleorTrade list.

May go eat breakfast with my dad in the morning- Mom is going to some kind of sale with a friend. And I need to get out of the house... except for going to Wal-mart I feel like I'm stuck in here.

Received a great box from my Sea of Yarn swap partner Wed. Although it wasn't really the summer colors we were supposed to be trading there was some great yarn in there and I will use all of it! My favorite was the Caron Rainbow dreams in variegated purples. A sweater may come out of that if I can find a decent pattern I like. Crocheted sweater (not cardigans, the pull over type) patterns are soooo hard to find especially something fancier like I could wear to church. I also got some novelty yarns, some bath stuff in vanilla sugar (mmmm smells good), some Jiffy yarn and 3 skeins of RH Super Saver in Coral. Not sure what the coral will go for yet.. I love peach colors!! Thank you Veronica! It was great! I don't think I'll do another though since it is sooo expensive to ship yarn. Especially a big package like that. I think I'll stick to the secret pal exchanges and the smaller exchanges. Besides, I do have the YarnExchange group on Yahoo that I run and the requirement there is much smaller and much less expensive.

OK back to crocheting .... gonna see if I can get some of those gifts out of the way plus finish that sock and a baby afghan for a gift. Dang if there isn't always either a wedding or a baby being born at church these days!! It never stops!

TTFN!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Christmas is creeping us on us! I look at the count down I have on my blog and think oh my... so little time and so much to make!!!

Marla said...

That's always the case Kari.... so many patterns, so much yarn.... so little time!!! Especially for Christmas!!