THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Of rants and Men ... and crochet.

OK so it's silly but it'll have to do.

Well I'm highly surprised that someone didn't send me hate mail for the previous post, but if they had.... OH WELL is all I can say. I'm used to being scorned for doing "the right thing", so no biggie if they had. After all, before he was crucified, Jesus did say "If the world hates you, remember it has hated me first" (talking to his disciples). So I'm not afraid of criticism for my thoughts. I did actually get some supportive comments. I just can't understand how anyone can promote as much hatred in the world as the terrorists we fight and call it patriotism.

In other news.... (Sorry Tara I had to steal that one... couldnt think of anything else!)

Today is supposed to be WIP Wednesday. (Or actually yesterday was now....) But who had time to crochet? I'll probably never get that dang baby blanket done... it's beautiful but taking forever! I spent all my time with a sick husband and we got roped into babysitting for about an hour for my MIL. She "keeps" a young man with a mental disability every morning and afternoon, takes him to the exceptional school (kind of like an adult daycare really) and picks him up til his mom comes to get him.

Well we had just gotten up this afternoon (We were both up most of the morning til about 11am when we finally went to sleep..... Scott kept coughing and keeping me awake... nuff said) when she knocked on the door "Can Heath stay here til his mom comes to get him?" We said yeah I guess so, how come and she just said "I'll tell you when we get back".

So we sat with Heath at her house (next door) til about 4:15 or so when Heath left and went back to the house and Scott was gonna lay back down and I was gonna lay down with him when there was another knock at the door. My MIL and SIL were in the driveway with a new car- seems they had traded my SIL's car for another one.

Well, Congrats, and I didn't say anything but when we got back in the house I told Scott, we just talked to both of them last night, they knew they were going to do this, could they have not asked one of us in advance if we could watch Heath tomorrow while they did something? Not that I minded but the very short notice caught me off guard.... we were both still in our night clothes when she knocked at the door (having just gotten up and no lunch yet or Scott's shots), her son has been sick and she knows it, could she not have asked 12hrs or so in advance? I'd have probably gladly said yes and been up and ready if I'd known, but the short notice thing drives me nuts esp since she knows Scott has been sick. My aunt does that to me and I hate it.... she'll call at 10pm "Can you babysit for Carson at 7am in the morning??"

NEXT....

There's an appt tomorrow to go look at the rest of our wedding pictures. And believe me they better have ALL of them this time or there's gonna be trouble. Out of 4XX some odd pictures we've seen less than 100 of them. And they expect us to order for our albums from this????

Seems everyone has sick husbands right now... I asked Tara if she wanted to run away together and leave our whining husbands in bed..... NAH!!! Big babies'd probably never survive!

OK I'm going to go watch some relaxing tv, slip into my jammies, crochet a bit, and whatever else I wanna do!!

This blog post has been brought to you by the National "Let's all stitch, whine and put up with whiny husbands" foundation.

ROFL- I couldn't resist!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marla! SP here! Hope Scott gets better soon, I have to sympathise as my sinuses get infected VERY often. Where I live we are between the hills so the damp settles down on us making everyone prone to chest/sinus probs.
As for the war email, I just don't get it. Why do people hide behind lame excuses to have a fight? So many "religious" battles around the world and I don't believe it's the real reason. Take N Ireland as an example, that's not a religious war it's about land. An English king gave away some land in the 1600's that wasn't his and persecuted the natives. The natives want to have their land and rights back. Simple. The UK government should give back ALL stolen property, as should other woldwide governments and we can all mind our own business and help anyone who needs it. Soory I go on a bit but I hate violence particularly when it's wrapped up in such a fashion.
Have a good weekend