THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, August 22, 2005

Catching up and bargains

This is a bit of catch up.... or is that ketchup?

Was finally able to do a bit of crocheting this afternoon, trying to finish a baby blanket for a baby that's already here in between doing loads of laundry. (Running up the water/electricity bill that is).

After that, I have some other projects in the works but am going to try to finish a few little preemie projects for Newborns in Need. Haven't sent them a box in a good while due to postage being so expensive but you can send quite a few preemie items in quite a small box. They are really in need of 2-4lb items right now, and recently had to turn away a request for a donation because their shelves were empty of preemie items.

Scott is about over his bout with bronchitis, back to being lazy- I literally have to drag him out of the house which is normal. I think he'd be content to do nothing but stay on the couch all day watching tv if I'd let him. I told him today since he's feeling better and it's cooled off a little outside he can mow our nearly knee high grass tomorrow, and I might even join him and do some trimming where I can reach on the shrubs.

I did get a chance to stop by Hobby Lobby Saturday since the new Michaels isn't open yet. I was all excited since there was a "NOW OPEN" sign in front of it but it turned out to be for the Bed Bath & Beyond store next door. So I had to settle for HL which I'm pretty bored with lately- they're getting so much foo foo designer stuff in and cutting back on their every day yarn, and not enough new patterns. Sorry people I can't afford to pay $12/skein of yarn esp when you'd need 4-8 skeins to complete a project!

However, I did find a few little things on the clearance rack and browsed, oohed and ahhed thru the Christmas stuff they have out. It's never too early! Christmastime for me is a time to be all excited and happy and I could use some of that lately- even if it is 4 months or so away!

On the bargain side, I found a skein of bernat sox yarn (black) for $1, a skein of odd but pretty TLC Essentials for $1.00, some peach baby yarn (I love light peach yarn!!) for $1.99 on sale (enough to make me a sweater probably!!) and one of those electric candle warmers for $3.99- they're $5-5.99 everywhere else! I have found that HL is putting things on clearance for ridiculous prices- mostly because the wrappers are missing and the clerk is too stupid to know what they are to stick them back in the correct bin. She was standing next to me when I picked up the Sox yarn for $1 and I told Scott "Oh cool- that's sock yarn for $1.... the wrapper's just missing!". Her response? "Oh I dunno what that stuff is, just some kind of thin yarn and I don't know where it goes so I marked it down and put it in there". HA! Oh well, her stupidity= my gain!!

I'm also hoping we can save enough money in the very near future to replace at least this hall carpet. Shouldn't cost that much but badly needs to be done- it is in bad shape and stinks; one of the few spots that hasn't been replaced in the house since we bought it. I was hoping to do it and this computer room and the back bedroom all at once, but I think the hall is going to have to go before we get the $$ to do all three! Unfortunately that's one thing I can't make!!

Well I'm still not done but unfortunately there's laundry to do and a baby blanket to finish before I can work on much else. Also started a VERY pretty pair of socks with some hand dyed merino wool I splurged on a while back at our lys. Will post when done of course.

Happy crocheting all!

0 comments: