THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

A few rants and apologies....

First, I have to apologize to some of my buddies, especially Sara, Deneen, Dot and Tara and last but not least Ashleigh- I am WAY behind on my computer work and blog reading and it's been a while since I've commented on and in some cases even gotten to read thru your blogs. Thanks you guys for sticking with me! I know I fuss about people not commenting on my blogs, and I know you like comments too- it's been too crazy around here to do much of anything.

Just about the time Angel started getting better, Scott started getting sick- mostly sinus infection but it's starting to go to his chest. If you ask him he says he feels fine but he's been a royal pain since late last week. Between the two, I am way behind on housework, which of course he is fussing about. Let's see HIM do it.... yes I will be nice and get his laundry folded and out of the way, plus pick up the mess he made... wash the pile of clothes he left at the bedroom/bathroom door... you get the picture. MEN! Actually I did tell him to let ME do the laundry on account of things that have to be washed a certain way that he doesn't pay attention to etc. but nothing else has suited him all weekend either. If I turned on a light, he wanted it off. If a door was shut, he wanted it open. If he got soup for supper, he wanted a Sandwich. You get the picture. Next time he gets sick, I'm shooting him early and getting him out of his misery.

Hopefully the antibiotic the Dr. called in this afternoon will kick in and he'll get back to his usually sweet (and lazy but hey I still love him) self. Anyway I kept calling the pharmacy til almost 6 and they still didn't have it filled yet so by the time his sister got back to me (she works at that Wal-mart) they had it ready so she picked it up and delivered it (she lives next door) while I was eating with my parents while waiting on the prescription. Make any sense? Well join the club... neither has this weekend. LOL.

And it's been either too hot or forecasting rain (which we seldom get when it's forecasted) on the weekends to have a proper yard sale like I need to. I need to get rid of some junk that's cluttering up the place. I could freecycle it or donate it to Goodwill but heck we could use the money even if it was sold really cheap.

I did put in a couple of applications in the last week or so, but so far haven't heard anything from them yet. I got let go from my last job because my drawer was OVER instead of SHORT... I still say someone in cash office was messing with my bag but there was no way to prove it since we were never allowed to count our drawer or know what was actually in it before we turned it in- all we got was a slip of paper, a computer readout saying what was *supposed* to be in our drawer... it was never actually counted before we turned it in to cash office.

That's another story for another day, but since then noone has even called me about a job when they see on my application that I've been dismissed from one. Sure would like a job at the new Michael's that's opening but I'll be very pleasantly surprised if they call me since they made a big deal on their application about have you ever been dismissed from a job for any reason and if so why. I just hate it because it makes me out to be dishonest when it says reason for dismissal "mistakes on cash register" which I can't disprove and they can't prove, and they don't bother to mention that there was on most all occasions MORE in my drawer than there was supposed to be.... a LOT more which makes it look very fishy. Why would I have ADDED money to my own drawer, especially times when I only had a couple of customers for that bag?

Still gonna try a few more places around here- there are several places hiring right now. I would also still love to get in with either county school system as a teacher's aide but before I can do that, have to redo ALL my information with the school boards etc. since I am now married and my info has changed, and also they purge all info at the end of the calendar year- and I don't think either has an application for me this year. I'd been too busy up til now planning a wedding and house.

Haven't even had much time to crochet over the last few days- the few precious minutes I have had, I finished up that pair of socks from the rest of the Opal Rodeo sock yarn that Ashleigh sent me and trying to work on that baby blanket that is very slowly getting done. Would love to start another project or two just for me but must finish a couple that are sitting in the way first....

I can't say I haven't had any mail... I received 2 beautiful skeins of Caron SS in deep purple from Sara- Thank you Sara! Even though it was a mix-up and you didn't owe me anything I still love them! Now if you could just send me the extra time to make something for just ME with it.....

But other than that little pick me up from Sara it's been a pretty blah week. I got so busy I am behind- I owe some people some crochet patterns that must be sent out ASAP or they are going to think I kidnapped them.

OK, off to work! Yes, work.... try to do something with this mess of a house that needs cleaning and things I've gotten behind on.

One last note, please continue to keep Richard Adams and Peggy Kerley in your daily prayers. Both are having a tough time with cancer right now!

1 comments:

Deneen said...

Apologize, no way you! Men do stink at being sick.....such babies!

Carson sounds cute. I love and hate all the questions!

About the War post, that letter is really shocking, to say the least.