THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Yarn Shopping Day and Michaels

What a day- I spent several hours today yarn shopping directly or indirectly. First trip after a late breakfast was to Michaels. Well guess what? I struck totally out. Monday their Sugar N Cream yarn went on sale for $1. I got in there super early Monday. I got a few skeins but the bins were about half empty to begin with. And our store here is BAD about not putting out more of what's on sale and not restocking or ordering more. So by today they were out. Completely empty. Even though they do have good sales sometimes, I often hate our store for stunts like this. I will have the last laugh- Walmart carries the colors I was after anyway. All I have to do is show Michaels' ad (and they usually don't ask for the ad) and get what I want for $1. So There Michaels!! :0P-----

So- on to the interesting parts. I got a couple of colors Walmart doesn't carry at Hobby Lobby. They weren't on sale but I got what I needed to finish some projects. I like HL Better anyway. They have a much better selection. They don't always run as good of sales but I can depend on them to have it or the employees know me well enough they will go to the back to find it for me. So... Total of six skeins from HL.

Then on to Goodwill. How is this yarn shopping you ask? Ahhh If you haven't followed my blog and projects, I often take sweaters and other items and recycle the yarn from them. So I found 3 or 4 sweaters to take apart for the yarn and a couple tops for me. Plus a little baby jacket to donate.

Haven't hit Walmart yet but will finish my Sugar N Cream stash there.

May post later.... hoping to post a pic or two of my dishcloths I'm working on. About supper time- gonna grab a bite with Scott, my dad and grandmother. Later all!

Marla
Meow Creations Etsy Shop- Supplies and Crochet
Marla's Nursery
Gifts of Love

0 comments: