THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, January 20, 2012

Dishcloth Bliss and Pattern and an Almost Day Off

Today my friends, is an *almost* day off as I just have a short shift tonight. Great in the free time category, not so much in the pay category. Don't forget Michaels still has the great sale on many types of yarn including super cheap Sugar N Cream and Impeccable! I plan on going back tomorrow morning (If I'm lucky I can get Scott to take me while he's off this weekend) and getting a few more of the $1 Skeins. I'm into cotton lately. Not that I like it that much as it shrinks but people seem to like it as gifts and it sells better if you're making items to sell.

Today I'm making Dishcloths. Just standard dishcloths and loving it. No complicated pattern to follow and they seem to be all the rage on Etsy. I prefer acrylic in my kitchen as it is much softer and doesn't shrink but making some cotton to give away and put in my Etsy shop.

My Standard simple pattern?

H Hook
Cotton yarn about 2oz with some left over

Chain 30

Dc in third chain from hook and each chain across. Ch 2, turn. Ch 2 counts as first stitch in each row.

Dc in second Dc from hook and each chain across. Don't forget to Dc in the Ch 2 from the previous row- it counts as a stitch.

Produces a 8.5" Dishcloth using cotton yarn and H hook.

You can edge yours if you wish- sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. Depends on how fancy I want it.

Later all- gotta get back to crocheting before I have to get ready for work tonight!

Marla
Meow Creations Etsy Shop- Supplies and Crochet
Marla's Nursery
Gifts of Love

0 comments: