THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Roses and Angels

I'll get to the pictures I still need to post later but for now you must hear this odd story.....

My 59 year old uncle passed away a year ago at the end of this month at the same time I was in the ICU with my diabetes. He lived 2hrs away in Nashville, rarely came in to see my grandparents and us, wouldn't stay more than overnight when he did, but called them to talk every morning. We didn't find out until he died that he didn't want the family to know he was more or less an alcoholic. When he was dying for a brief period my aunt asked my dad to come down there and he was about to, then I got sick and there was noone to take his mother since she won't stay with just anyone.

My 91 year old grandmother lives with my dad, last night they were at Cracker Barrel eating and this older gentleman was sitting by himself just having coffee while they were eating. My dad kept noticing he was watching them, and finally the old man left smiling then about 30 minutes later he  reappeared with a dozen roses in his hand. My dad told my mom, "Someone's having a birthday". Suddenly the older man came back to my parents' table and said "I hope you don't mind but I bought her some roses, she's as beautiful as ever". Puzzled, my dad said that was fine and thanked the man and asked if he knew my grandmother from somewhere, the older man replied "I never got to say goodbye, mother.", handed her the roses and walked away.

I have to wonder if that wasn't my uncle checking on my grandmother in some form of an Angel. Even if not, I do believe in Angels. The last one I saw was when my grandfather died, I didn't tell anyone for ages thinkjing they'd think I was crazy, until one day my grandmother mentioned "the man standing by the bed when Pappy died".  I questioned her about it and she said "There was a man wearing a white gown standing by the bed when Pappy died." She went on to describe exactly what I saw three years ago now when her husband died. I can't help but wonder if this was her son visiting. If that was you Rendy, we haven't forgotten you.


Marla
Marla's Nursery
Gifts of Love

0 comments: