THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

New Solid Square Blanket pattern - testers welcome

This may have been thought of before but I had to add some things to make it work and not curl on the edges as with traditional solid square patterns. I've made one or two but not finished with the current one.... if you test this please send me a picture of yours. If you make this please make one for a baby in need as well.

Solid Square Blankie

H Hook and Baby yarn for Preemie or newborn
J hook for Baby/Toddler or larger.

Ch 3, join to form ring.

Row 1: Ch 2, 11 dc in ring. Join to ch 2 you first made. (12 dc)

Row 2: Ch 2, Dc in same stitch, 2 dc in each remaining stitch around. Join. (24 dc)

Row 3: Ch 2, dc in next 2 stitches, *2 dc in next stitch, 3 dc in next stitch, 2 dc in next stitch (corner made), dc in next three stitches, repeat from * around. Join to first ch 2.

Row 4: Ch 2, *dc to 3dc group (corner), 2 dc in first stitch, 3 dc in next stitch, 2 dc in next stitch, dc in each stitch to 3dc group and repeat from * around. Join with a slip stitch to first ch 2.

Repeat Row 4 to desired size. If desired you may do the last 3 rows in a coordinating color for edging. A great way to use up scraps or solid colors. If you make one for personal use or a gift please make another one for charity as cold weather is coming up.

Testers are welcome- please do send me a picture as the one I'm working on isnt finished yet.

Marla
Marla's Nursery
Gifts of Love

1 comments:

Pammy Sue said...

Hi Marla! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I'm happy that your dad has been cancer-free. It was very sweet of you to drop me a note. I really appreciate that.

I'm going to nose around your blog a bit. I'm following you back!