THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, February 07, 2011

Surprise!!

Surprise! Those flurries we were supposed to get today? Turned into 6" or so of SNOW!!!


Scott's truck and mine out the front door

The trucks covered in snow along with part of the yard and patio set


Harley enjoying the snow


The motel across the road from IHOP




My mom is in the hospital right now either food poisoning or her acid reflux and dehydration, so I stopped by daddy's after work last night to let the dog out and kind of check the house. When I left there at 1am last night there was drizzling rain and 38 degrees. We were supposed to get a few flurries out of it today. This is what we got.

I slid on packed snow coming out of our subdivision and turning on to the highway. I called Scott and told him even if his work didnt shut down tonight to stay there. Noone figured on this... we weren't supposed to get any accumulation and as warm as it's been I'm highly surprised it stuck, guess it was just too fast. I'm going into work since I'm already out but the minute I can go I'm outta there, gonna stay at my parents' tonight, much closer than driving back thru Marshall Co where they haven't touched the roads. I may be posting or surfing a lot tonight since I have internet access there and Mom isn't there to tie up the puter.

I've had a couple of Etsy sales this week after almost nothing for 2 months. Finally some yarn sold, and a pattern book sold. Etsy has been slow on sales last couple of months. I'm putting some recycled yarn up as I can get it photographed and posted.

OK gotta run if I'm going to work- may not get there on time with the weather but I'm sure they'll be glad to see me whatever time I get there, I bet everyone else has called in. Later all!!


Marla
Meow Creations Etsy Shop- Supplies and Crochet
Marla's Nursery
Gifts of Love

1 comments:

Mimi said...

The snow we are getting is heavy wet stuff that will I am sure freeze into a dangerous mess. My DD had to turn back after leaving her house this morning for work. WP. said they are over run with accident calls. Sorry to hear about your mom will keep her close.
Be safe. Mimi