THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mom's Obituary and other things

http://www.paducahsun.com/obituaries/437559-trena-caneer

Here is the link some of you were asking for to my mom's Obituary.

You are welcome to post this, share it or do any donations in her name. Some from Newborns in Need may remember her as well.

 You would not believe the cleaning out we have to do of her things- an almost 4,000 sq ft house full. Plus the legal, financial etc. that goes with this and part of it is my responsibility now as my dad and I are the only blood kin either of us has left with the exception of my 91 year old grandmother who lives with him and isn't in mental or physical shape to help or take care of her affairs. I have taken a leave from work for a while to get things done, hopefully some of my stuff being some of it but this will have to come first.

Thank you so much to those of you wanting to do something in Mom's name- that would be great if you want to do so. We had a large turnout tonight at the visitation- I didn't know we were that popular! Plus some friends and family who came great distances, some cousins from central MO, one from past Lexington KY about 4hrs from here just so he could say hello, a friend of mine drove an hour and a half from two (or more) counties away.... it was touching so many people came to pay their respects.

Thanks so much to everyone for everything- people are literally fighting over who can do what to help around here. We still have the funeral to go through tomorrow, I will have my hands full trying to help my dad, both of us get my grandmother in there, and me trying to get Scott in there in time to be a pallbearer. Please pray for all of us.

My grandmother does understand what's going on but doesn't realize details or the severity of the situation and what it entails. So trying to deal with her is much of a chore right now. My poor hubby is almost by himself at home right now.... probably in peace and quiet. I'm staying with my dad for the time being to get some things done.

If you have a package coming from my Etsy shop, please bear with me and it will get sent as soon as possible- my items are in one place and me in another.


Marla
Meow Creations Etsy Shop- Supplies and Crochet
Marla's Nursery
Gifts of Love

1 comments:

Pam said...

Dear Marla,

Just to cheer you up. You have won the Stylish Blogger Award, so go to my blog and check it out.

Love and Hugs
Pam