THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, February 04, 2012

Superbowl sale and crochet

Hi all-

What've I been working on in my spare time? A few things.... Patterns yet to come, and creating a couple charity patterns. I'm also having a superbowl sale this weekend- 20% off everything in my Etsy shop including things already on clearance.

Last week I've come to realize that although I have several preemie patterns, I've yet to design any burial layettes. So the last few days since a preemie in my friend Mimi's family passed away, I''ve dedicated myself to writing out patterns for a couple gowns for preemies, now to make the prototypes and design bonnets and blankets and possibly a memorial toy to go with it. I have one gown half done, after frogging and changing my idea a couple of times. Plenty of girl ideas, needed one for boys that wasn't too "girly". Soon as I have one made and written out of each you'll have pictures and the patterns. The gown is important but the whole ensemble is really needed- the gown, booties for the feet, a bonnet for the head and a blanket to wrap them in or the parents to keep. Also a memorial item is included so the parents can have something to hold on to. A teddy bear, bunny, toy or angel is a nice touch. Work gets so in the way of my crocheting time.

So I'm off to work on one of my gowns in the crochet time I have left for the night. Night all!

Marla
Meow Creations Etsy Shop- Supplies and Crochet
Marla's Nursery
Gifts of Love

1 comments:

Mimi said...

Good Idea!!!! sweetie. I never realized till now what a need is out there. I just feel spent. Don't want to do anything,but stare:). Still doing the pillow cases ...well a little. Hugs and love mimi