THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, November 28, 2011

Winter is here!

There is snow in the Western KY and MO Bootheel area!! Not that it's that early but it's the first winter weather of the year.

This last week has been crazy. Finally got a nap in until I was woke up by the tow truck driver's phone call to pick up Scott's truck. Oh, I forgot- you hadn't heard. Scott hit a deer Wed night so we now have that truck to get fixed. Thankfully he wasn't hurt. Just mad cause his truck's torn up.

In other news, our county has severed ties with our local humane society animal shelter after inhumane treatments of animals and improper euthanizations were discovered. Volunteers have now opened a new shelter where the county is taking animals they pick up to be held for a couple weeks hoping the owners will find them then they will be adopted out, or kept until they are. The county is also close to closing the old one if the Humane Society doesn't straighten it up real quick. Too late for many animals but at least the ones still there are getting some help. That's how we wound up with our cats, I adopted Angel from a No-kill shelter and the rest have been rescued either after being dumped or were about to go to the Humane Society I was mentioning earlier (the one they are about to close) where I knew they would be put to sleep even as kittens.

Please do remember to donate some items to your local (preferably no-kill) pet shelter with winter and Christmas coming up. Also remember there are many people and children in need- many of you donate to charities and these are the closest to my heart, the pets and children.

I hope everyone is staying warm in the snow and wet weather- please be careful out there!

Last but not least I have a 10% off sale on all items in my Etsy shop for Cyber Week!! I have all but given up on Ebay- people there are rude and too much of a pain to deal with.

I've been working on some pet and baby blankets I'm crocheting- off to do a little more of that. I crave what spare time I can get! See you Everyone!!


Marla
Meow Creations Etsy Shop- Supplies and Crochet
Marla's Nursery
Gifts of Love

1 comments:

Mimi said...

Brrr. its cold here, but no snow. I can't stand thinking about the animal abuse....thank you for reminding me to donate. We have to be soooo careful of the deer here and now....black bears no..kidding prints in the back of the side of the hill (288acres of old forest).They are becoming a problem since the Ar. release several years ago. Hugs,love ya, hope your Thanksgiving was a good one.