THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, November 14, 2011

Holiday dish- Congealed Salad

Just to share with everyone- the recipes my mom and I used for congealed salads- aka that "green" salad. I always turned mine into a strawberry/cranberry one and she did the green lime one.

Here's the recipe. I substituted one package of strawberry and one package of cranberry jello in mine. I suppose you could use cranberry orange or strawberry orange or whatever you wish. I'll eat the green OK but I'm nuts about the strawberry cranberry. I got the idea cause Sam's Choice used to make a strawberry/cranberry juice I loved. Hope you guys enjoy this!

2 6 oz. pkg. Lime Jell-O


4 cups hot water

2 cups cold water

1 cup crushed pineapple

1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)

1 pkg. Dream Whip

1/2 cup milk or heavy whipping cream.

Combine Jell-O and hot water in a large bowl, stirring until dissolved. Pour in cold water; mix. Stir in pineapple and nuts. Add the Dream Whip and milk.

Pour into a Jello mold and refrigerate for several hours or overnight before serving.





Marla
Meow Creations Etsy Shop- Supplies and Crochet
Marla's Nursery
Gifts of Love

1 comments:

Mimi said...

Yum!!!!! we are having a small Thanksgiving this year, but Christmas will be big and all here on the side of our hill. About done with my Christmas shopping (online). Got my turtle blanket done it was not a fun project, but its done. Done is a very good thing;) Well hugs my dearest little girl. I hope your Thanksgiving is somehow is very joyful.