THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Baby Emergency and Christmas

I have been quite busy the last few days- a tidbit of Christmas shopping here and there (can't spend too much at one time) and working on an afghan and other items for a couple at church who have a baby due in 2 weeks and have nothing for it as of the moment. The Life groups at church are doing a "basket shower" in which each one forms a bag/basket of things for them. Our Sunday School class is donating a crib. The mom is on bedrest until the day before Thanksgiving by then she will be 38 weeks and it will not be too early if she goes into labor then or after. Even though I'm sure they'll get lots, I'm working on an afghan and some other "special" items and heavily raided my baby stash. I didn't have a layette made up for a girl but these two need more than a layette. Before they moved here they had stored stuff from their two other children, household items and winter clothes in a storage shed and it got broken into so they lost everything that was in there.

With most all our church family helping, this baby will be well taken care of I'm sure- we have a quite large and generous congregation. Sometimes I forget that I can't nor do I have to do it all myself. I just hate to see a baby in need of anything. This baby will be a girl, and trouble was I didn't have much girl stuff- mostly boy stuff. So I had to do some serious scrounging in my supplies and the bargain bins at WM and going to Dollar store tomorrow to get some pacifiers and dollar items.

On the other hand, I have been doing some Christmas shopping- got most of Scott's today and a couple other gifts. He is getting mostly Dale Earnhardt stuff for his truck. He's been begging for it for ages since before he got the truck and I keep telling him he isn't getting that junk to put in his nice truck!! LOL He'd been begging for the floor mats, cup holder coasters, air freshener, tire guage and I don't know what all else for ages. I got the last ones Southside Wal-mart had. No place else around here carries that stuff and one WM had already clearanced theirs out. I hate getting him "toys" but that's what he's happiest with. That and DVD's. Wish he'd get something to be more active but it's hard getting him out of that chair a lot of times.

Also got one of my aunt's, some stocking stuffers for my little cousin, and some things I've got to decide if they're for me or for Christmas gifts.

This coming Sunday is also our Thanksgiving Sunday at church where we give extra in the collection plate and/or bring groceries, toiletries etc. to help those less fortunate at Thanksgiving. We aren't rich ourselves but seem to have everything we need so we can always spare some cans or other items we buy but don't eat/use. Sometimes it's good to clean out the cabinets of that stuff too. Found a few stale items to throw away or feed to the birds- most had been opened so they wouldn't have been given anyway.

Well, Angel is meowing at the door and I have a baby blanket to finish or at least work some more on not to mention other items so I'd better get cracking. Night all!!

0 comments: