THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, May 12, 2011

The Dryer Balls project

Wow! The dryer balls I made worked beautifully! I honestly thought it was all a big bunch of hooey and just another craft fad, these things couldn't work as well as fabric softener. THEY WORKED BETTER!!! I used 4 in my large capacity dryer, and they did the trick like a charm- my laundry was soooo soft. And the Recycled wool I had felted Great! Great opportunity for you "Greenies" who want to save energy, cut out the commercial fabric softener and recycle all at the same time. Here's 2 of the ones I made:



Try it- hope they work as well for you! I may post a few of these in my Etsy shop, much cheaper than the ones out there of course- some of those prices are ridiculous. Trouble is there's not much out there in the way of wool sweaters at Goodwill Etc. lately- they have mostly summer stuff. I tried some of the yarn from my stash- some worked great and some didn't. Cleckheaton does NOT felt and came apart in the washer even inside panty hose. The Rainbow wool didn't do much either and I've had to do the Bernat Felting wool 2-3 times now with no success. On the other hand, the Recycled Wool works great from my sweaters, and I Love This Wool from Hobby Lobby works great. Just some tips if you're planning on trying this. Good Luck! If you don't want to try this I'll probably be posting a few in my etsy shop when I get some more done.

Marla
Meow Creations Etsy Shop- Supplies and Crochet
Marla's Nursery
Gifts of Love

1 comments:

Mimi said...

Very interesting. I would have not gave this a try. It must be in your little girl adventurous spirit :)