THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, March 19, 2012

Some scrap bits of crochet and a bit of knitting

Hi Folks,

Sorry so long between posts, seems as though I'm seldom sitting down long enough to post when/where I have computer access and lucky if I get time to crochet or knit lately. If I do it's usually at home in the wee hours of the morning where I DON'T have internet access.

I've been desperately trying to use up some of my spare yarns and gotten into scrappy projects lately. Baby hats are a good one, as are dishcloths, coasters and using my yarn winder from Boye to wind up spare yarn. Ripple or two afghans in the works just to use up some of that!

I've been knitting a bit (I know- knitting doesn't use as much yarn...) trying to get down the pattern for some simple baby hats and a few cocoons and things. Remember, my knitting skils are very beginner compared to my crochet skills. If you have time this spring be sure and pack a box crocheted goods or not and send to your favorite charity. Relief Share is my favorite and gets most of my goodies.

Here's a list of some of my favorite patterns lately:

Baby cocoon (knitted)
Baby Top Knot hat (knit)
4am Ripple (crochet)
Project Linus Granny Ripple
Project Linus Easy Ripple in DC

I also Recommend Crochet World's 50 Scrap projects and The Crochet Dude's Use Up That Yarn! books- lots of scrap patterns there and of course tons more on the internet. The big colors around here lately? Murray State's (University) Blue and Gold and University of KY's Blue and White. Their basketball teams are tops so everyone is nuts for both.

Well now I'm off to do some kniting on a cocoon I started. going well but small stitches mean slow going. Liking it though but with my slow knitting it takes a while.

Marla
Meow Creations Etsy Shop- Supplies and Crochet
Marla's Nursery
Gifts of Love

1 comments:

Mimi said...

You put me to shame. Rehab is kicking my butt. It will take awhile to get back to my old levels, but get back I will. I need to do this scrap purging thing. I am not online much anymore. Lots of love and hugs sent ...Mimi