THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Pattern change - please read and pass along

If you've ever printed off a copy of my Marla's Preemie Shell Afghan or Marla's Baby Shell afghan from my website, this blog or Bev's Country Cottage or other site, please go print off a new copy.

I had to change both patterns a few days ago due to a crucial error in the third row on each one. Sorry for any mix up this may have caused. Very experienced crocheters may have been able to figure out what was missing but some others may have missed it. Hope you'll use these patterns to donate some baby blankets!

In Addition please pray for the family of Chris Copeland. Chris was killed this week in an auto accident. His sister Jodie has been my best friend for 25 years, ever since first grade.

I haven't posted any patterns in a while- here's one for a quickie preemie bootie I made up. I know there's some similar ones out there that are purely coincidental. I just happened to think this one up, it's not an original design but my own idea.

Quick Medium Preemie Booties

2 strands baby yarn or 1 strand soft sport or worsted weight
G hook
Note: Chain 2 counts as first stitch in each row

Chain 21

Rows 1-3: Hdc in third chain from hook and each chain across. Chain 2, turn. At the end of row 3, turn but do not chain 2.

Row 4: Slip stitch in first 5 stitches, hdc in each stitch across to the last 4 stitches, chain 2, turn.

Row 5: Hdc in each stitch across.

Leaving ankle part open, Fold bootie in half and slip stitch in ends of row 4 and 5 and join top of foot, toe, and bottom of foot with a slip stitch. Finish off and turn bootie inside out. You may use a piece of yarn or ribbon to tie ankle part closed or leave it open, your choice.

I've also been doing some knitting but not ready to venture into making patterns there yet!!

0 comments: